Island Sink Drain - Plumbing - Contractor Talk

Island Sink Drain

Old 03-25-2019, 10:56 PM   #1

Trade: General
Rewards Points: 30

Island Sink Drain

I have a question about an island sink drain, AAV's are legal where I am at and it is in the second story with a long drain, I don't like I can fit a loop vent. I have a wall close by that I can get a vent in , but it is just off the back of the drain line. Take a look at that drawing and tell me how stupid it looks, Ha !
Attached Thumbnails
Island Sink Drain-aa1.jpg  

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 03-30-2019, 03:15 AM   #2

Trade: Plumbing
Rewards Points: 6

Re: Island Sink Drain

Your not venting anything with the vent coming off off the back like you have it. Put the studor vent in and end it there. No reason to have a clean out either when all you need to do it take the p-trap off or if you just want a clean out put a 2” flush c/o tee on your line coming up before your 2x1-1/2 tee.

Advertisement

Old 04-02-2019, 07:52 AM   #3

Trade: General
Rewards Points: 30

Re: Island Sink Drain

Plumbers say venting is like putting your finger on one end of a straw and lifting water out of a glass, when you pull your finger off the end of the straw all the water flows out. In the drawing I have the main line vented out the back, the AAV vent on top of the p trap only vents to the main line, maybe 16". Once that water hits the main line it will flow. This is in a rental, so the clean
out will become important at some point.