How To Hook Up Portable Dishwasher - Plumbing - Contractor Talk

How To Hook Up Portable Dishwasher

Old 04-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: General construction and remodeling
Rewards Points: 1,040

How To Hook Up Portable Dishwasher

Hey guys, got a stupid question, wife wants to get a portable dishwasher due to excessive dishes from her in home daycare. Right now we have the spray/facuet combo so no real good way, or any way at all that I can tell to put in the nipple the dishwasher hose would hook upto for hot water.

Do they make such a thing as a single knob faucet for hot water hook up only since obviously the thing wouldn't need cold water? Was just thinking of a small/compact facuet I could install in place of the built in soap dispenser deal in the corner of the sink, that way she can keep her sprayer faucet she likes so much and have a dedicated hook up for the dishwasher.

I know built in would be cheaper, but then I'm gutting cabinets and running new circuit, etc....so trying to make her happy quickly and EASILY...and extra counter top wouldn't be a bad thing with grilling season/food prep coming up with warm weather. Told her I would build her a cabinet for more storage on an open wall for kitchen she could wheel the dishwasher into when not in use to camouflage it, but that wall has been vacant due to basement access and large items going up/down so cabinet deal will be mobile...rambling, sorry

anyhow, any faucets you guys can think of that would be the hot ticket for this set up. Something like this set up basically:

just cane seem to find a single lever/knob for hot water supply only

Last edited by IHI; 04-03-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 04-03-2014, 10:59 PM   #2
The Grand Wazoo

Trade: It blowed up real good!
Rewards Points: 1,892

Re: How To Hook Up Portable Dishwasher

You mean this?

Advertisement

Old 04-04-2014, 03:26 AM   #3
Pro

Guess im wondering if theres such a thing as a single waterline hook up vs a standard faucet id have to cap the cold side and risk leakage with th backed up water pressure from dishwasher pump.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:26 AM   #4
Contractor

Trade: Excavation, Foundation, Concrete
Rewards Points: 48

https://www.google.com/search?q=hot+...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Hot only faucets.

www.gebcon.com
Old 04-04-2014, 09:53 AM   #5
Radical Basement Dweller

Trade: Whatever needs to be made or repaired
Rewards Points: 8,430

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHI View Post
Guess im wondering if theres such a thing as a single waterline hook up vs a standard faucet id have to cap the cold side and risk leakage with th backed up water pressure from dishwasher pump.
I have a portable dishwasher set up permanently next to the washer and dryer. CPVC was run from the hot water line in the basement and connected to an outdoor spigot attached to the wall.

There are a few good looking chrome, one temperature fixtures.
Something like this would work, $53.00...

http://www.culinarydepotinc.com/p-52...FWuhOgodq1YAAg
Old 04-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #6
Pro

Got time to fiddle with it today, ended up just buying a nickel faucet set that required 3 separate holes, so that way I could take the parts and do what I wanted. So ended up removing the soap dispenser thingey and putting the spout in that hole, then drilled a new hole next to it for the hot only handle. Was a son of a gun trying to find anything with brush nickel, handle "similar" to what we had, and then serve the purpose of what I was looking for...stinkin faucet cost $150 and I only used 2/3 of it LOL, but guess that's what it takes sometimes. Then I took and drilled another hole on the other side of the sink and remounted the soap dispenser over there...it's kinda handy to have it built in when doing food prep and having soap there.

Wifes happy, pubescent teen daughter is happy since they're not standing over the sink LOL, so life is good right now for them.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:44 PM   #7
Radical Basement Dweller

Trade: Whatever needs to be made or repaired
Rewards Points: 8,430

If wifey is happy.......
Old 04-05-2014, 07:02 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robie View Post
If wifey is happy.......
exactly.

They had a basin faucet there, but it was bright chrome and the fact I wanted to use an existing hole in the sink, the neck wasn't long enough anyway to reach into sink area so that contraption you couple onto the faucet would fit.

ehhh, mcgyver like a mofo, but it works. Buddy that stopped by freaked when I started soldering stuff, "your crazy dude, why didn't you just buy the things that tighten up" LMAO. Then he watched and seen how easy soldering was and he was like "that's it?" yup.

Advertisement