GE NautilusDW Not Working Properly - Plumbing - Contractor Talk

GE NautilusDW Not Working Properly

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #1
Remodeling Professionals
 
buildenterprise's Avatar
 
Trade: New Construction and Remodeling Contractor
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South Jersey Shore
Posts: 1,267
Rewards Points: 502

GE NautilusDW Not Working Properly


Model #GSD3200J00WW
Serial # TF739943B
The woman I bought it used from said it's 4 years old. I hooked it up and it only fills to about 1/4 of what it should before starting the cycle. I used a 1/4" saddle valve off the 1/2" copper sink supply with 1/4" copper tubing as the supply. Is the flow adequate with a saddle valve or is the problem probably a faulty fill valve?
__________________

buildenterprise is offline  

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

   

Advertisement

 

Old 02-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
The Grand Wazoo
 
KillerToiletSpider's Avatar
 
Trade: It blowed up real good!
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,958
Rewards Points: 1,950

Re: GE NautilusDW Not Working Properly


Quote:
Originally Posted by buildenterprise View Post
Model #GSD3200J00WW
Serial # TF739943B
The woman I bought it used from said it's 4 years old. I hooked it up and it only fills to about 1/4 of what it should before starting the cycle. I used a 1/4" saddle valve off the 1/2" copper sink supply with 1/4" copper tubing as the supply. Is the flow adequate with a saddle valve or is the problem probably a faulty fill valve?
The problem is undersizing the supply.

Advertisement

__________________
I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
KillerToiletSpider is offline  
Old 02-13-2008, 09:09 PM   #3
 
smellslike$tome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 533
Rewards Points: 500

Re: GE NautilusDW Not Working Properly


Caviat Emptor!

Oh yeah, I know that a saddle valve is illegal according to the IPC but I don't know about the UPC. I gotta believe it's not legal there either though.

1/4"(i.d.) soft copper tubing is more than adequate for a supply. Most of the faucets in your house are supplied with 1/4". It's all I've ever used, never had a problem.
smellslike$tome is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #4
The Grand Wazoo
 
KillerToiletSpider's Avatar
 
Trade: It blowed up real good!
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,958
Rewards Points: 1,950

Re: GE NautilusDW Not Working Properly


Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslike$tome View Post
Caviat Emptor!

Oh yeah, I know that a saddle valve is illegal according to the IPC but I don't know about the UPC. I gotta believe it's not legal there either though.

1/4"(i.d.) soft copper tubing is more than adequate for a supply. Most of the faucets in your house are supplied with 1/4". It's all I've ever used, never had a problem.
He's using a saddle valve with 1/4 OD tube, so you have the restriction in the needle valve as well as an undersized supply.
__________________
I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
KillerToiletSpider is offline  
Old 02-13-2008, 09:24 PM   #5
 
smellslike$tome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 533
Rewards Points: 500

Re: GE NautilusDW Not Working Properly


Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerToiletSpi View Post
He's using a saddle valve with 1/4 OD tube, so you have the restriction in the needle valve as well as an undersized supply.
You're probably right but I think he never said whether it was id or od.
smellslike$tome is offline  
Old 02-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #6
The Grand Wazoo
 
KillerToiletSpider's Avatar
 
Trade: It blowed up real good!
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,958
Rewards Points: 1,950

Re: GE NautilusDW Not Working Properly


Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslike$tome View Post
You're probably right but I think he never said whether it was id or od.
I've never seen a saddle valve bigger than 1/4" OD in almost twenty years of doing this.
__________________
I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
KillerToiletSpider is offline  
Old 02-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #7
Curmudgeon
 
neolitic's Avatar
 
Trade: carpentry/remodeling/"Yes M'am we do"
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Beech Grove, Indiana, Birthplace of the "King of Cool"
Posts: 11,706
Rewards Points: 2,000

Re: GE NautilusDW Not Working Properly


A tee is a terrible thing to waste!
__________________
Put your location in your profile!
(Sorry....it seems there really are dumb questions)
neolitic is offline  
Old 02-13-2008, 11:54 PM   #8
Remodeling Professionals
 
buildenterprise's Avatar
 
Trade: New Construction and Remodeling Contractor
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South Jersey Shore
Posts: 1,267
Rewards Points: 502

Re: GE NautilusDW Not Working Properly


Yup, that was it. I swapped out the sink shutoff for a three-way and ran my 3/8" ss braided line from there to the dw. Works like a champ now. Thanks guys.
__________________

buildenterprise is offline  
Old 02-14-2008, 12:03 AM   #9
Pro
 
JamesNLA's Avatar
 
Trade: Plumbing & Electrical
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,202
Rewards Points: 516

Re: GE NautilusDW Not Working Properly


Quote:
Originally Posted by buildenterprise View Post
Yup, that was it. I swapped out the sink shutoff for a three-way and ran my 3/8" ss braided line from there to the dw. Works like a champ now. Thanks guys.
Dude, what the hell is that on your avitar? I just lost my appetite.
__________________
"....And then we all switch places when I ring the bell"
-Adrock
JamesNLA is offline  
Old 02-14-2008, 10:32 AM   #10
Remodeling Professionals
 
buildenterprise's Avatar
 
Trade: New Construction and Remodeling Contractor
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South Jersey Shore
Posts: 1,267
Rewards Points: 502

Re: GE NautilusDW Not Working Properly


Haven't you ever seen a large black man wearing a helmet while eating the world's largest burger before?
__________________

buildenterprise is offline  
Old 02-14-2008, 10:47 AM   #11
 
Putty Truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 732
Rewards Points: 500

Re: GE NautilusDW Not Working Properly


Quote:
Originally Posted by buildenterprise View Post
Haven't you ever seen a large black man wearing a helmet while eating the world's largest burger before?
It's the helmet, man. Totally disgusting.

Advertisement

Putty Truck is offline  


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAC unit isn't working properly jerome8283 HVAC 23 07-28-2012 04:43 PM
Carpenter found not quilty for working in the nude Mike Finley Off Topic (Non Trade) 14 11-08-2007 08:15 PM
The Contractors Working Next Door slickshift General Discussion 21 09-01-2006 08:17 PM
I'm working in a mine field Mike Finley Construction 7 08-10-2006 05:23 PM

Join Now... It's Fast and FREE!

I am a professional contractor
I am a DIY Homeowner
Drywall Talk is for
PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTORS ONLY!

At DrywallTalk.com we cater exlusivly to professional contractors who make their living as a contractor. Knowing that many homeowners and DIYers are looking for a community to call home, we've created www.DIYChatroom.com DIY Chatroom is full of helpful advices and perfect for DIY homeowners.

Redirecing in 10 seconds
No Thanks
terms of service

Already Have an Account?