New Concrete Pad Is Holding Water, Should I Raise A Stink? - Concrete & Paving - Contractor Talk

New Concrete Pad Is Holding Water, Should I Raise A Stink?

Old 08-08-2018, 03:00 AM   #1
New Guy

Trade: Lab Tech
Rewards Points: 2

New Concrete Pad Is Holding Water, Should I Raise A Stink?

Hi everyone,

I just had a large 40' X 35' pad poured for a sport court in our backyard. The only directions that I gave the finisher were that I wanted it to be smooth enough that the kids wouldn't tear up their knees and elbows playing on it and that it not have puddles on it in the winter, during rainy season.

The pad was poured 5 days ago and the finish is a little rougher than I was hoping, but passable. My concern is with the pooling that seems to be happening. When the finisher came by today and sprayed it down, there were about 4 spots where the water was pooling, rather than running off. One spot in particular is holding a spot of water about 6' in diameter and 1/8 of an inch deep.

My question, is whether or not this acceptable for a pad of this size and my expectations are just too high, or if I should be raising my concerns with the contractor and having him rip it up and re-do this section.

Also, if anyone does have any simple ideas as to how we can smooth the surface a bit, without destroying it, those ideas would be welcome too.

Thanks kindly!

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2018, 06:22 AM   #2
Pro

Trade: Contractor Grunt
Rewards Points: 22

Re: New Concrete Pad Is Holding Water, Should I Raise A Stink?

Pad is fine. Rent a drum sander to smooth it out.

Advertisement

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Big Johnson For This Useful Post:
Bull Trout (08-08-2018), larry228 (08-08-2018), SmallTownGuy (08-08-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 06:26 AM   #3
Capra aegagrus

Trade: Remodeler

Re: New Concrete Pad Is Holding Water, Should I Raise A Stink?

Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.