Need Help With White Spots On Sealed Stamped Pool Deck - Concrete & Paving - Contractor Talk

Need Help With White Spots On Sealed Stamped Pool Deck

Old 03-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #1

Trade: Concrete Contractor
Rewards Points: 10

Need Help With White Spots On Sealed Stamped Pool Deck

I have a pool deck that another contractor poured and the homeowner is wanting me to fix and seal the pool deck. The deck is stamped and sealed. When it was resealed after the initial sealing which was approx. 1 1/2 yrs white spots appeared under the sealer. This is a salt water pool and it appears to be worse in the areas that get a lot of sun light, the shaded areas look fine. I used xylene on a test area and it doesnt seem to have helped it any. I was told to used a xylene and MEK mixture on it which i havent done yet. Im wondering if anyone else has seen this before and how you fixed it. I can email pics.

Last edited by daniel8675; 03-28-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement