This Little Footing Had A Semi-high Degree Of Difficulty... - Concrete & Paving - Contractor Talk

This Little Footing Had A Semi-high Degree Of Difficulty...

Old 04-22-2016, 09:21 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: superintendent
Rewards Points: 691

This Little Footing Had A Semi-high Degree Of Difficulty...

4' X 4' X 36' with a corner and 2 bulkheads:

I am adding onto a building and along 2 sides of the existing the Structural Engineer wanted this. Dig down to the existing footing, dowel into footing and foundation for 2 mats of rebar, top and bottom. I think it's a case of nervous engineering, but whatever.

We lucked out a little, because our vibrator died about half-way thru. There was one spot where I'm sure would have blown if it got stung much. We ended up just rodding it with a 2x4. It came out OK.

Just to make it interesting, there is a bathroom group on top of it, so we had to block out where the toilets, floor drain and drinking fountain waste will run.

Fun stuff
brhokel606 (04-23-2016), jlsconstruction (04-25-2016), Rio (04-22-2016), ScipioAfricanus (04-23-2016), slowsol (04-26-2016), tgeb (04-30-2016)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement