Concrete Sealer Issue - Ugly Lines - Concrete & Paving - Contractor Talk

Concrete Sealer Issue - Ugly Lines

Old 05-14-2019, 08:48 PM   #1

Trade: Concrete
Rewards Points: 4

Concrete Sealer Issue - Ugly Lines

Hello,

We had the skirt of a driveway redone last year and it looks horrible. The contractor that helped said the dark lines you see in the picture below were from the sealant. He explained that the lines would fade as the sealant sets in. Here we are 1.5 years later and the lines are still prevalent and atrocious.

A couple months after the concrete was poured I noticed the lines were not fading. I called back to learn the number is disconnected. It looks like the concrete contractor went out of business. I can see why.

How can I fix this? Are the lines I see indeed a poor sealing job? Is there any way to strip the seal and reseal? Could I apply a pigmented sealant from sherwin-williams over (someone suggested this to me)?

Please help!!!!!

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 05-14-2019, 08:50 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 494

Re: Concrete Sealer Issue - Ugly Lines

Your trade is concrete, but you hired someone to do your driveway?

Advertisement

Old 05-14-2019, 08:51 PM   #3

Trade: Concrete
Rewards Points: 4

https://imgur.com/BguoURq

*Edit: I'm having issues with the imgur link! It is safe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2019, 09:16 PM   #4
Capra aegagrus

Trade: Remodeler
Rewards Points: 1,283

Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.