Drafting Workflow - Drafting & CAD Forum - Contractor Talk

Drafting Workflow

Old 05-25-2017, 10:39 AM   #1

Trade: Home Builder
Rewards Points: 2

Drafting Workflow

Does anyone know of a good workflow software for managing jobs in a drafting department? We build 100 homes a year and need a good workflow software for our drafting department to keep track of the status of the plan in the department. Right now we are using Excel to manage our projects, but would like something more robust. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 05-28-2017, 06:40 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: building
Rewards Points: 1,770

Re: Drafting Workflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansonbuilders View Post
Does anyone know of a good workflow software for managing jobs in a drafting department? We build 100 homes a year and need a good workflow software for our drafting department to keep track of the status of the plan in the department. Right now we are using Excel to manage our projects, but would like something more robust. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

What do you use for drafting software? If not familiar with it but I'd imagine Revit has that built in. I believe it does...

Advertisement

Old 01-28-2020, 02:22 PM   #3
Design Build

Trade: bored enough to be here....
Rewards Points: 416

Notion or Trello can be useful. Kind of complex....but very customizable. I jumped into evernote which works for a solo business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2020, 01:14 AM   #4
3 Jacks 2 Nines

Trade: Wannabe Homebuilder
Rewards Points: 298

I would look at slack and trello for cheaper, simpler options. Something like procore would be more of an enterprise solution.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:17 AM   #5
Pro

Trade: Masonry
Rewards Points: 9,381

Assign "ownership" of every project to One employee, to avoid tough projects being orphaned....start to finish.