AutoCAD To .pdf - Missing Information - Drafting & CAD Forum - Contractor Talk

AutoCAD To .pdf - Missing Information

Old 02-04-2009, 04:18 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

AutoCAD To .pdf - Missing Information

We are a consulting engineering firm using AutoCAD 2008, we have recently noticed that on a number of .pdf files that some of our information is missing. Could this be because the .dwg doesn't fully regenerate before plotting? If this is the case, how do we stop it happening? If not, are there any other ideas on how to rectify this problem?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
Structural Engineer

Trade: Mechanical, Structural
Rewards Points: 500

Re: AutoCAD To .pdf - Missing Information

Check the obvious - layers being on or off, plot styles, pen set ups, etc. Pull up the properties of the objects that aren't plotting, and see if it's in a layer that's shut off for printing. Also check the scale of the object, line weight, etc. I've never had a problem with elements not showing up, unless it was one of the obvious issues, either in PDF or on media. But I'm also an old-school crank when it comes to layers: I layer everything in model space, and never draw anything but the title block and frame in paper space.

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
CAD Services

Trade: So done with this place...
Rewards Points: 144

I print to pdf all the time. Everything that is on the dwg in the model and paper space ends up in the pdf.

When you are in paper space...double click inside the viewport of the drawing you wish to print...then check the layers to see if they are all on (the ones you want)

It seems that in paper space you can have layers off...that don't show up as off, until you double click in the viewport. And if you are zoomed in too close...to get out of the viewport...type mv [enter] and scroll zoom out until you can see a space outside of the viewport, then [esc] and then double click in a space outside of the viewport.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
The Duke

Trade: Cabinet Maker
Rewards Points: 2,040

could be many different things. Have you tried asking at AUGI?

SalmonFallsCabinetry.com

Salmon Falls Cabinetry on Facebook