SW Reddit - Painting & Finish Work - Contractor Talk

SW Reddit

Old 05-01-2019, 03:08 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Handyman Services
Rewards Points: 12,779

SW Reddit

I'm new to reddit. This could be an interesting resource.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sherwinwill...er_sale_issue/

https://www.reddit.com/r/sherwinwill...captivate_yet/

https://www.reddit.com/r/sherwinwilliams/

Last edited by MarkJames; 05-01-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 05-01-2019, 09:40 PM   #2
Punching above his weight

Trade: Gun for hire.
Rewards Points: 11,700

Re: SW Reddit

This is ****ed up. Reddit used to be so cool before it was just free advertising for global corporations.

It used to be a fantastic news aggregator where you could go to read articles from all over the world and catch a lot of stories that would have fallen through the cracks.
Unfortunately it got more and more image heavy and the same people that love instagram glommed onto it.

Maybe I'm being cynical and this is a good sub for SW managers to talk shop. I don't know. Whatever man.

If you're new to reddit, check out /r/askhistorians, /r/askscience, and /r/legaladvice.

There's millions of subreddits. You can definitely find your flock, regardless of how absurd looking that flock may be. Sadly, a lot of the trade subs are lacking. I guess reddit imitates life?

Advertisement

Old 05-02-2019, 06:41 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: Handyman Services
Rewards Points: 12,779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Gibson View Post
This is ****ed up. Reddit used to be so cool before it was just free advertising for global corporations.

It used to be a fantastic news aggregator where you could go to read articles from all over the world and catch a lot of stories that would have fallen through the cracks.
Unfortunately it got more and more image heavy and the same people that love instagram glommed onto it.

Maybe I'm being cynical and this is a good sub for SW managers to talk shop. I don't know. Whatever man.

If you're new to reddit, check out /r/askhistorians, /r/askscience, and /r/legaladvice.

There's millions of subreddits. You can definitely find your flock, regardless of how absurd looking that flock may be. Sadly, a lot of the trade subs are lacking. I guess reddit imitates life?
I think it's refreshing to see their inside take on all the SW pricing games we put up with, and also comments on product performance, working with Lowes, etc etc. Good stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2019, 06:46 AM   #4
John the Builder

Trade: Carpenter/Builder Professional Painter
Rewards Points: 6,068

For awhile, it kinda took the place of Usenet for peeps that hacked software. I just read that because of legal threats, the entire history of this part is being deleted. Was a good source for coding info.

Oh well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/