Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth - Page 5 - Painting & Finish Work - Contractor Talk

Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2019, 09:24 PM   #81
GC/carpenter
 
Calidecks's Avatar
 
Trade: Decking, Railing, Carpenter/General Contractor
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim Hills, California (OC)
Posts: 36,163
Rewards Points: 16,496

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


I'm not saying it's okay to soil someone else's stuff. All I'm saying is it could very easily be innocent. What's so hard to grasp about that?


Mike.
_______________
Calidecks is online now  

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

   

Advertisement

 

Old 06-05-2019, 09:28 PM   #82
Pro
 
MarkJames's Avatar
 
Trade: Handyman Services
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 8,587
Rewards Points: 13,127

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidecks View Post
I'm not saying it's okay to soil someone else's stuff. All I'm saying is it could very easily be innocent. What's so hard to grasp about that?


Mike.
_______________
Could be, but it's generous of you. Maybe it's just your nature to give the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, page 5 on this thread! Excellent!
MarkJames is online now  
Old 06-05-2019, 09:33 PM   #83
GC/carpenter
 
Calidecks's Avatar
 
Trade: Decking, Railing, Carpenter/General Contractor
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim Hills, California (OC)
Posts: 36,163
Rewards Points: 16,496

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


Maybe it's just your nature to blame people for things your have no clue if they deserve it or not. My point is most people aren't sinister. A little communication is what's needed most of the time.


Mike.
_______________
Calidecks is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-05-2019, 09:40 PM   #84
Pro
 
MarkJames's Avatar
 
Trade: Handyman Services
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 8,587
Rewards Points: 13,127

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidecks View Post
Maybe it's just your nature to blame people for things your have no clue if they deserve it or not. My point is most people aren't sinister. A little communication is what's needed most of the time.


Mike.
_______________
Time to let this one go. It doesn't take a "sinister" mind. Any of these will do: thoughtless, careless, selfish, time-constrained, angry, etc.
MarkJames is online now  
Old 06-05-2019, 09:52 PM   #85
GC/carpenter
 
Calidecks's Avatar
 
Trade: Decking, Railing, Carpenter/General Contractor
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim Hills, California (OC)
Posts: 36,163
Rewards Points: 16,496

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJames View Post
Time to let this one go. It doesn't take a "sinister" mind. Any of these will do: thoughtless, careless, selfish, time-constrained, angry, etc.


It's you that's not letting it go. I just gave a scenario I thought was reasonable. You don't like it so you keep going on it. And not your place to regulate anyone.

You have no clue what happened nor are you in any position to call the plumber anything except what you assume. Just like the painter because he never asked.

You do realize you are doing everything you are bitching at me for doing?

Your virtue signaling is pathetic.


Mike.
_______________
Calidecks is online now  
Old 06-05-2019, 09:55 PM   #86
Pro
 
MarkJames's Avatar
 
Trade: Handyman Services
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 8,587
Rewards Points: 13,127

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidecks View Post
It's you that's not letting it go. I just gave a scenario I thought was reasonable. You don't like it so you keep going on it. And not your place to regulate anyone.

You have no clue what happened nor are you in any position to call the plumber anything except what you assume. Just like the painter because he never asked.

You do realize you are doing everything you are bitching at me for doing?

Your virtue signaling is pathetic.


Mike.
_______________
MarkJames is online now  
Old 06-06-2019, 05:55 AM   #87
Pro
 
B.Johnson's Avatar
 
Trade: Builder
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,385
Rewards Points: 2,474

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


Mark - Pretty much everyone in this thread thinks it's disrespectful except for Mike. I'm sure that Mike is right. You'd be better off arguing with your wife.
__________________
Home Designer Series Software
B.Johnson is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to B.Johnson For This Useful Post:
Seven-Delta-FortyOne (06-06-2019)
Old 06-06-2019, 06:30 AM   #88
Pro
 
Big Johnson's Avatar
 
Trade: Contractor Grunt
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,930
Rewards Points: 3,732

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


Is this the one?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Trimaco-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Big Johnson is online now  
Old 06-06-2019, 06:40 AM   #89
John the Builder
 
SmallTownGuy's Avatar
 
Trade: Carpenter/Builder Professional Painter
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 15,701
Rewards Points: 7,234

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


"Who coined the term virtue Signalling?
What is the origin of virtue signalling? There is some debate as to the origins of the term. Most people attribute the phrase from a piece publicised in The Spectator in April 2015, by journalist James Bartholomew."

"bigly"

Next?
__________________
All my Life loving Hippie friends turned into soul-sucking Conservatives - or died. Same difference.
"Mornin' ladies, my goodness don't you look happy. Must be cuttin' somebody up pretty good." - Andy Griffiths
SmallTownGuy is online now  
Old 06-06-2019, 09:38 AM   #90
GC/carpenter
 
Calidecks's Avatar
 
Trade: Decking, Railing, Carpenter/General Contractor
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim Hills, California (OC)
Posts: 36,163
Rewards Points: 16,496

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownGuy View Post
"Who coined the term virtue Signalling?

What is the origin of virtue signalling? There is some debate as to the origins of the term. Most people attribute the phrase from a piece publicised in The Spectator in April 2015, by journalist James Bartholomew."



"bigly"



Next?


The way you lie all the time you are in no position to virtue signal. You and Mark going to tag team again? Lol.


Mike.
_______________
Calidecks is online now  
Old 06-06-2019, 09:40 AM   #91
GC/carpenter
 
Calidecks's Avatar
 
Trade: Decking, Railing, Carpenter/General Contractor
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim Hills, California (OC)
Posts: 36,163
Rewards Points: 16,496

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Johnson View Post
Mark - Pretty much everyone in this thread thinks it's disrespectful except for Mike. I'm sure that Mike is right. You'd be better off arguing with your wife.


I never said it wasn't disrespectful learn to comprehend what you read Snowflake. My position is There's no way of knowing what the plumber was thinking so there is no way of coming to an opinion about his character.


Mike.
_______________
Calidecks is online now  
Old 06-06-2019, 09:53 AM   #92
Pro
 
Idothat's Avatar
 
Trade: Home improvement of all types
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Richmond va
Posts: 807
Rewards Points: 1,792

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


The character of the plumber is not what is in question

However, it can easily be determined by how he responds to being informed that he has damaged property, whether he did it maliciously or not .

It is a question of respect, It is respectful to ask before you use something that doesn’t belong to you

It is a question of honor , I can’t allow someone to disrespect me , even in a small way, without calling it out

This is surely something you can understand, Mike . Your sense of honor won’t even allow you to let an argument over someone else’s drop cloth


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Get off my drop
Idothat is online now  
Old 06-06-2019, 12:10 PM   #93
GC/carpenter
 
Calidecks's Avatar
 
Trade: Decking, Railing, Carpenter/General Contractor
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim Hills, California (OC)
Posts: 36,163
Rewards Points: 16,496

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


Quote:
Originally Posted by Idothat View Post
The character of the plumber is not what is in question

However, it can easily be determined by how he responds to being informed that he has damaged property, whether he did it maliciously or not .

It is a question of respect, It is respectful to ask before you use something that doesn’t belong to you

It is a question of honor , I can’t allow someone to disrespect me , even in a small way, without calling it out

This is surely something you can understand, Mike . Your sense of honor won’t even allow you to let an argument over someone else’s drop cloth


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Asking and believing you should ask are two different things. One could assume a drop in front of a toilet that the plumber was scheduled to work on was there for whomever because after all it is designed to protect.

Why does it make you boys so angry that I gave a POSSIBLE innocent explanation? Lol! Damn! The things that trigger you kids.


Mike.
_______________
Calidecks is online now  
Old 06-06-2019, 12:32 PM   #94
Pro
 
Idothat's Avatar
 
Trade: Home improvement of all types
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Richmond va
Posts: 807
Rewards Points: 1,792

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


The guy could have made an honest mistake, I’d give him the benefit of doubt. I probably wouldn’t even demand payment because, as you have pointed out it is a relatively inexpensive item .

I’d still bring it to his attention.

If I was acting as the general on this job , and he had of left a big wad of wax on the “floor protection “ to be tracked around on my finished floors, you can bet he would get an earful from me .
Idothat is online now  
Old 06-06-2019, 12:43 PM   #95
Focusing on solutions.
 
pinwheel's Avatar
 
Trade: hardwood floor contractor & so much more
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,948
Rewards Points: 560

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidecks View Post
Asking and believing you should ask are two different things. One could assume a drop in front of a toilet that the plumber was scheduled to work on was there for whomever because after all it is designed to protect.

Why does it make you boys so angry that I gave a POSSIBLE innocent explanation? Lol! Damn! The things that trigger you kids.


Mike.
_______________
What I can't believe, is you feel the need to keep defending your position over & over again. I learned long ago, it's a lot easier to state my opinion & move along & not worry if others agree, or disagree. Hell, even the OP (offended party) has already moved on.
pinwheel is offline  
Old 06-06-2019, 02:32 PM   #96
GC/carpenter
 
Calidecks's Avatar
 
Trade: Decking, Railing, Carpenter/General Contractor
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim Hills, California (OC)
Posts: 36,163
Rewards Points: 16,496

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


Quote:
Originally Posted by pinwheel View Post
What I can't believe, is you feel the need to keep defending your position over & over again. I learned long ago, it's a lot easier to state my opinion & move along & not worry if others agree, or disagree. Hell, even the OP (offended party) has already moved on.


So I'm the one that keeps defending it or is it others that keep bagging on it? (hence the reason I keep needing to defend my position). And I'm not you. Probably why we do things differently.

There are those on this forum that can't handle a different point of view. Including you.


Mike.
_______________

Last edited by Calidecks; 06-06-2019 at 02:38 PM.
Calidecks is online now  
Old 06-06-2019, 02:38 PM   #97
Pro
 
Big Johnson's Avatar
 
Trade: Contractor Grunt
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,930
Rewards Points: 3,732

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


How much did the drop cloth cost?
How much was it worn?
Current value?
These are the important questions.
Big Johnson is online now  
Old 06-06-2019, 05:57 PM   #98
Pro
 
B.Johnson's Avatar
 
Trade: Builder
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,385
Rewards Points: 2,474

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidecks View Post
I never said it wasn't disrespectful learn to comprehend what you read Snowflake. My position is There's no way of knowing what the plumber was thinking so there is no way of coming to an opinion about his character.


Mike.
_______________
I admit that it is difficult to comprehend your poorly punctuated sentences.
__________________
Home Designer Series Software
B.Johnson is offline  
Old 06-06-2019, 06:03 PM   #99
John the Builder
 
SmallTownGuy's Avatar
 
Trade: Carpenter/Builder Professional Painter
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 15,701
Rewards Points: 7,234

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Johnson View Post
How much did the drop cloth cost?
How much was it worn?
Current value?
These are the important questions.
I believe it was only worn on Sundays.
__________________
All my Life loving Hippie friends turned into soul-sucking Conservatives - or died. Same difference.
"Mornin' ladies, my goodness don't you look happy. Must be cuttin' somebody up pretty good." - Andy Griffiths
SmallTownGuy is online now  
Old 06-06-2019, 06:05 PM   #100
John the Builder
 
SmallTownGuy's Avatar
 
Trade: Carpenter/Builder Professional Painter
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 15,701
Rewards Points: 7,234

Re: Plumber Wax Stains On Drop Cloth


Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Johnson View Post
I admit that it is difficult to comprehend your poorly punctuated sentences.
I have the new improved Tipi Translator. It claims to be able to handle Orange County Dialect.

Advertisement

__________________
All my Life loving Hippie friends turned into soul-sucking Conservatives - or died. Same difference.
"Mornin' ladies, my goodness don't you look happy. Must be cuttin' somebody up pretty good." - Andy Griffiths
SmallTownGuy is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to SmallTownGuy For This Useful Post:
B.Johnson (06-13-2019)


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join Now... It's Fast and FREE!

I am a professional contractor
I am a DIY Homeowner
Drywall Talk is for
PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTORS ONLY!

At DrywallTalk.com we cater exlusivly to professional contractors who make their living as a contractor. Knowing that many homeowners and DIYers are looking for a community to call home, we've created www.DIYChatroom.com DIY Chatroom is full of helpful advices and perfect for DIY homeowners.

Redirecing in 10 seconds
No Thanks
terms of service

Already Have an Account?