Paint/Wallpaper Issues - Painting & Finish Work - Contractor Talk

Paint/Wallpaper Issues

Old 08-17-2011, 08:39 PM   #1

Trade: Telecom
Rewards Points: 10
Question

Paint/Wallpaper Issues

New here, search isn't really my friend and I feel my situation is fairly odd or not.

Here goes, just bought a place that has a lot of wallpaper throughout, we decided to get started removing in the master bed, which had a top border and a border around a chair rail of sorts. It started peeling away fairly easy, but then so did the paint, which uncovered bare drywall. So far it only peels away in random areas, one wall entirely and just parts of another. So if anyone is familiar with this or can offer some insight as to what I can or need to do to get to the part where I start priming and painting.

Thanks

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 08-17-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Home Improvement Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,450

Re: Paint/Wallpaper Issues

Pictures would be great.
I would probably pull it all down, wash with dif/water if there is glue on the walls, prime, skim coat and texture to take care of the paint peel ridges, and paint.

Advertisement

Old 08-18-2011, 01:27 AM   #3

Trade: General Contracting
Rewards Points: 10

Re: Paint/Wallpaper Issues

There are a couple of steamers that are made just for removing wallpaper. They works great. Are fairly cheap. And cause virtually no damage to the walls surface. The key is to get the glue softened up enough to pull the paper off.