Decks - Painting & Finish Work - Contractor Talk

Decks

Old 10-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #1

Trade: Painting
Rewards Points: 25

Decks

I'm working on a deck that is 200sq'. It has two layers of paint. The first one is latex and the second oil. I've taken all the paint off except for the spaces between each board. Around all the edges near siding and under rails I've used PeelAway and it's worked great.

I was thinking about using this product for between the boards but am looking for a more efficient way. I don't mind but it seems laying that product and waiting then scraping away is not the best idea. I hope to neutralize the deck tomorrow and stain it on Thursday. Any thoughts or suggestions guys?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 11-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #2

Trade: Painting
Rewards Points: 25

Re: Decks

I figured I would post what worked best with me if anyone was interered. After local paint store after store being out of peel away paper ( when the never even give you enough...eh) I grabbed a bin of Safe Stripe it's a bio product. A little pricy at around $50 for a good tub. It is paper less and worked for me within 10 mintues..given I wasn't removing that much.

Advertisement

Old 11-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
Trade: Decks and Fences

Trade: decks and fences
Rewards Points: 97

Re: Decks

I appreciate the solution! Just working on my deck myself and did what you suggested and it worked out really well.