Pool Fences - Pool Construction & Enclosures - Contractor Talk

Pool Fences

Old 02-20-2007, 08:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2,000

Pool Fences

most popular?

i dunno ... don't care really

it's just that this section is called " --- enclosures" as well

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-20-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Outdoor D/B
Rewards Points: 1,028

Re: Pool Fences

We are actually going to be doing most of the fenceing in house. Atleast the jobs that are a hour from home or less. My guys know how to install it, so why shouldn't i do it?

In my area, the black aluminum fence is the most popular. I always recommened to the customer to fence the whole yard in. When the pool is fences in 2 feet past the decking, it feels like you are in jail.

If there is woods on the property, i'll run aluminum accross the front, and chainlink around the back.

Doing every thrid or fouth post as a brick or stone pillar adds some flair.

Advertisement

Old 02-20-2007, 09:44 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: Swimming Pool Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,008

i never recommend fencing the whole yard , matt.

god forbid something happens, you have recommended a design that allowed child access from the house.. let them come to their own decison on fencing..
ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2007, 10:03 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: excavating / concrete / masonry
Rewards Points: 1,000

We don't do the pool or the fence but we do everything else around them. Fencing seems to be the most difficult decision when it comes to pool work.

If I'm not mistaken in CT if you fence the whole yard the doors to the house have to have automatic closers? Something about windows too?

We do expensive pools with natural rock work and it's very hard to fence the elevations we create.

"Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving" Albert Einstein
Old 02-20-2007, 10:03 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,000

i don't do the fencing ....

oddly enough --- nobody thinks to ask me about it... i never offer to and they never ask me to

don't really want to anyways
Old 02-20-2007, 10:14 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: Outdoor D/B
Rewards Points: 1,028

Fencing the yard violated no code in my area.

Also, the way half he pools are set up, if the whole yard in not fenced in,, the pool is normally pretty close to the house. Then the fence is only 3 sides and the house is side 4.

I guess every where is different...

I only do what code allows.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:57 AM   #7
Pro

or coding is the same. i see it as a liability you may want to check out the nsp i "layers of protection program"

i am a little biased on the subject, we had a pool drowning in town 2 seasons ago. a 5 yr old boy. older pool built in 80s . I got the renovation and it was an awful place to be, seeing a concrete Madonna Statue place in the deep end was tough, actually a heart breaker...

ray
Old 02-21-2007, 11:02 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by denick View Post
We don't do the pool or the fence but we do everything else around them. Fencing seems to be the most difficult decision when it comes to pool work.

If I'm not mistaken in CT if you fence the whole yard the doors to the house have to have automatic closers? Something about windows too?

We do expensive pools with natural rock work and it's very hard to fence the elevations we create.
Denick
you are correct as long as the yard is fenced, alarms & self latching gates you are in the clear. I know the outfits you work with & they are on the very high end. My customers are mid to upper mid class.
actually the boys i think you work with are in the million dollar project range if im not mistaken.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:36 PM   #9
Pro

http://www.theapsp.org/docs/LayersofProtectionAug05.pdf

code merely is the minimum acceptable provisions.

ray

Advertisement