Zero Threshold Pan Options - Kitchens & Baths - Contractor Talk

Zero Threshold Pan Options

Old 03-10-2016, 03:59 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Remodel Contractor
Rewards Points: 834

Zero Threshold Pan Options

Looking for suggestions on zero threshold pans.

Monday I'll be installing a Tuff Form pan, it's going to replace what was a tub/shower. Customer already planned/purchased ahead of time and even demoed the tub/surround before realizing he was in over his head on getting the plumbing changes/blocking etc. So I'll be making that happen, installing the Tuff Form, and surround walls before he takes back over. It's open web joists and and the drain location is barely going to work, and that's after furring out the back wall about 1 1/2" inches.

He also wants to do the upstairs shower with zero threshold and I'm hoping there's something similar to Tuff Form but with a centered drain.....to match what's already there. Since Tuff Form has the offset drain I'm a little concerned if that upstairs gets demoed only to find out similar issues with joists/offset drain location since the layout won't readily lend itself to furring if need be. Open web joists.....so I don't wish to play with those at all either.....

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement