Kitchen Cabinets - Kitchens & Baths - Contractor Talk

Kitchen Cabinets

Old 12-14-2011, 09:15 PM   #1

Trade: Remodeling
Rewards Points: 10

Kitchen Cabinets

Long time reader, first time poster...Ive enjoyed all of your posts over the last few months, everyone is quite knowledgeable. Just wanted to get some feedback on what you guys think about Masterbrand Cabinets.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 12-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
PRO

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,000

Re: Kitchen Cabinets

Never used them myself. But howdy! Welcome to CT

Advertisement

Old 12-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #3

Trade: Remodeling

Thanks Brand! Appreciate it! What kind have you preferred installing? Im just trying to narrow things down for my company..dont want too many irons in the fire..Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2011, 12:04 AM   #4
The Duke

Trade: Cabinet Maker
Rewards Points: 2,040

Jimmy Cabinet should be along any minute. He seems to know a great deal about manufactured cabinet brands.

SalmonFallsCabinetry.com

Salmon Falls Cabinetry on Facebook
Old 12-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
Pro

Trade: Estimator / Preconstruction Manager
Rewards Points: 2,248

I would get an estimate from a reputable remodeler in your area and have them price cabinets that they are comfortable with.

I'm assuming you're a homeowner even though you say "remodeling" as your trade.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #6
TKO-TotalKitchenObsessed

Trade: Kitchen and bath design
Rewards Points: 502

Oh I know I'm really really late on this one but I will speak up for Masterbrand. Yes it's a decent basic stock cabinet line. They are a division of Schrock which you all see at Home Junkpo. But what many may be surprised at are when you see those fancy Martha Stewart brand cabinets.....guess who makes them for Martha Stewart? Yup. Same thing but she has them add some weird power color non transparent stains to the line. So now you can tell your customers who wish for Martha Stewart cabs because they saw it on her cooking show.

Just a tidbit of info since I know the OP is long gone already.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #7

Trade: kitchen cabinets and bathroom cabinets
Rewards Points: 75

Long time no see, buddys. I recommend Masterbrand because they manufacturer many many cabinets here by some decent Chinese manufacturers. These manufacturers are professional and bring fine quality. That's all

Regards,
Paul
Old 11-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #8

Trade: Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

Just a clarification here. Masterbrand is a parent company that owns other cabinet companies, like Diamond, Schrock, Kemper etc. Just like Masco owns Merillat etc.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:17 AM   #9
TKO-TotalKitchenObsessed

And yet another update on Masterbrand. This one not good. As of Monday Masterbrand will close every single service center and manufacturing plant facility west of the Mississippi. Showrooms who sell the product/s under various brand names will lose their right to sell the product......because there will simply be no more deliveries from Indiana west of the Mississippi.

Their main Indiana plant will remain open.......for now. Parent company, Fortune Brands, says the move is a way to be more tax efficient but Investors are running scared.

Inside information tells me the company may isolate as an independent company, or......it may be sold or merge with a mega sized company like Masco. Masco already being the largest and oldest cabinet company on earth.

At $3 billion in total sales last year, Masterbrand is not going to just close it's doors and disappear. But whatever does happen, it is top secret at this time.
TimelessQuality (02-01-2014)
Old 02-01-2014, 02:25 PM   #10
Pro

Trade: remodeling
Rewards Points: 1,094

I live about 20 miles south of the Masterbrand plant in Aurthur,IL.Formerly the Shrock facility so I have seen plenty of their cabinets and have several friends who work there.
I have used their cabinet's in the past and their top line cabinets are pretty good for manufactured cabinets.Like any manufacturer they have different lines with varying quality.Their quality control at the plant is good.
The Following User Says Thank You to mako1 For This Useful Post:
Jimmy Cabinet (02-01-2014)
Old 04-22-2014, 03:41 PM   #11
Pro

Trade: remodeling/specializing in kitchen & baths
Rewards Points: 578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Cabinet View Post
And yet another update on Masterbrand. This one not good. As of Monday Masterbrand will close every single service center and manufacturing plant facility west of the Mississippi. Showrooms who sell the product/s under various brand names will lose their right to sell the product......because there will simply be no more deliveries from Indiana west of the Mississippi.

Their main Indiana plant will remain open.......for now. Parent company, Fortune Brands, says the move is a way to be more tax efficient but Investors are running scared.

Inside information tells me the company may isolate as an independent company, or......it may be sold or merge with a mega sized company like Masco. Masco already being the largest and oldest cabinet company on earth.

At $3 billion in total sales last year, Masterbrand is not going to just close it's doors and disappear. But whatever does happen, it is top secret at this time.
Jimmy this just seems a little misleading. Masterbrand is generic for many cabinet lines including Homecrest-Decora-Omega. Pretty good cabinet builders and profitable if you carry them. I've heard nothing from my rep.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:54 PM   #12
TKO-TotalKitchenObsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by go dart View Post
Jimmy this just seems a little misleading. Masterbrand is generic for many cabinet lines including Homecrest-Decora-Omega. Pretty good cabinet builders and profitable if you carry them. I've heard nothing from my rep.
Some things I can't say on here that I know but for what's available to the public, you should easily be able to find by searching. Yes they have closed every distribution center and service center and no longer can their sales centers carry the product west of the Mississippi.

We had a giant sized plant and service center here in Houston. They closed up with one weeks notice to the employees. I was told 230 employees lost their jobs. Some came to where I was working. Well 3 did.

I know they were not doing well with the large builder contracts. That is my knowledgeable opinion. And that's just for my area which is probably in the biggest unprecedented construction boom since Las Vegas in the early 2000s.

Masterbrand and it's down line brands are not closing or dying, in fact they are growing. So why the drastic move closing all those locations? Have you ever seen a CEO or any other executive that had a brain? Me neither.

Half a mile down from my home, a good sized retail cabinet and flooring store carried the brand. In fact I was subcontracting for them for 14 months but been outta there the past 6 months, they took on different brands and are suffering last I heard. I want to say good riddance to that store but I won't.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #13

Trade: Cabinetry
Rewards Points: 2

My name is Julie, and I am with MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. I would like to provide some clarifying information about our company. MBCI is a proud manufacturer of quality and fashionable products under several brand names including Aristokraft, Diamond, and Schrock. We operate more than 25 manufacturing facilities, distribution centers, and retail stores throughout North America and employ more than 10,000 people. We sell our brands across the country through our dealer and home center networks as well as to our builder customers. MBCI is proud to have announced recent expansions at our Ferdinand and Goshen, IN facilities. Additional news and information regarding our company and brands can be found at www.masterbrandcabinets.com.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MasterBrand For This Useful Post:
Jimmy Cabinet (04-25-2014), TimelessQuality (04-26-2014)
Old 04-26-2014, 08:19 AM   #14

Trade: Lumber and Building Materials
Rewards Points: 31

I think it's worth noting that Masterbrand falls under the corporate umbrella that is Fortune Brands, Inc., who own Therma-tru doors, Moen faucets, Simonton Windows(who I've never heard of) as well as Master Lock, American Lock and Waterloo Industries.

I believe they also still own Beam, maker of Jim Beam, Makers Mark Burbon, and several other distilled spirits,and recently sold Titlest golf products.

I sell several lines of cabinetry, including Diamond, Decora and Aristokraft (all Masterbrand products). I can tell you from personal experience, that they put out a quality product, and their customer service is leaps and bounds above any other line that I sell.

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to BoGoCo For This Useful Post:
Jimmy Cabinet (04-26-2014)