Wet Tents - Tiling - Contractor Talk

Wet Tents

Old 07-31-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Baths, basements, carpentry, int.remodeling
Rewards Points: 150

Wet Tents

Anyone got one? Are you satisfied with it? Im thinking about getting one.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 07-31-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
Carpe Diem

Trade: Smile 4 Tile
Rewards Points: 1,114

Re: Wet Tents

I like the concept but don't have one. Currently, I've been able to set up in a HO's garage & use 6mil on the floor.

I asked this same question about 2-3 years ago here & no one used it. I think they are on the expensive side so if it would really help increase your productivity, it might be worth it.

I certainly don't think they are a bad idea.

Advertisement

Last edited by angus242; 07-31-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:56 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: interior remodeling
Rewards Points: 2,664

A granite setter I knew some years back had a nice set up----
He had a stainless steel pan made a bit larger than his saw and stand--it had a piece of metal welded into each inside corner.

That corner clip held a pvc pipe frame and a curtain (like a shower curtain) ran around 3 sides.

I worked a couple of winter jobs with that set-up---small torpedo heater--warm hands no frozen pump lines---slick------Mike-----Wish I had a picture,very simple.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2010, 06:11 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: DIYer apparently
Rewards Points: 1,000

yeah they work. But i think you can make one your self. I have some pictures I will try and dig up. When i do a saw inside I use a small kiddie pool and place the saw in that and then tent the unit. It works only if there is a vacant room where you can set up a work station
Old 07-31-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: Baths, basements, carpentry, int.remodeling
Rewards Points: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by opiethetileman View Post
yeah they work. But i think you can make one your self. I have some pictures I will try and dig up. When i do a saw inside I use a small kiddie pool and place the saw in that and then tent the unit. It works only if there is a vacant room where you can set up a work station

Kicker is I got an Imer/its not small, dont think a kidde pool is going to work. They offer two different sizes, think Im gonna buy the larger one but will wait till you posts some pics of the homemade version. Thanks.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:20 PM   #6
Tile Contractor

Trade: Ceramic and Natural Stone Tile Contractor
Rewards Points: 886

Here's my home made "wet tent". 1" pvc glued strategically, plastic mortar tubs from Lowe's, cheap painter's plastic thrown away after each job, some spring clamps and blue tape hold the plastic in place. Zero water hits the floor, but I still use a thick rubber sheet under the whole setup to protect the floor and to mix thinset on.
Attached Thumbnails
Wet Tents-img00251_600x450.jpg   Wet Tents-img00258_600x450.jpg   Wet Tents-img00080_600x450.jpg  

Advertisement

jarvis design (08-12-2010), mikeswoods (08-01-2010)