Funny Wedi Story.....from This Week - Tiling - Contractor Talk

Funny Wedi Story.....from This Week

Old 03-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: DIYer apparently
Rewards Points: 1,000

Funny Wedi Story.....from This Week

Okay so there was a contractors event this week at our local floor and decor store. SO i go get thier early a few reps yell out hey look its OPIE. Haha yeah i do seem to leave a good impression on everyone. So just walking around happened to see the WEDI booth there bam. My rep sweet he knew I was from coverings last year. Of a great funny thing that happened in thier siminar. So we are laughing and chatting. So this lady comes up. Imagine a call from the hippie era. smiles at ya with 2 teeth thats it. looks like she can wrastle PBR by the can faster than any cowboy. She was a so called contractor partnered with her boyfriend.

So she is asking questions and such. Then asks wow you can put that in a shower stall in place of tile right. well the rep explained the whole water proof gig and all. She is still amazed that its waterproof. So she asks me if it comes in any other color. I took off my Laticrete hat. With a straight face as best as i could. She brought her boyfriend over. I told them yes it comes in 7 different colors and for 300 bucks more when you order . you have to tell them you want that package. So I explained to her that after its installed ya peel a corner with your finger nail. And just pull back the color ya like. They asked about the glue residue i said well just find the color ya like and use soapy water it comes right off. trim it out and wham you are done.

WEDI WAS NO INVOLVED IN ANY WAY.. It was all me. And as everyone knows I like to have fun and laughs. I would love to see them try and order that kind of product

moral of the whole thing.its people who are so called contractors out there that are ruining it for us. And sometimes i just have had enough

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #2

Trade: Carpentry
Rewards Points: 79

Re: Funny Wedi Story.....from This Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by opiethetileman View Post
Okay so there was a contractors event this week at our local floor and decor store. SO i go get thier early a few reps yell out hey look its OPIE. Haha yeah i do seem to leave a good impression on everyone. So just walking around happened to see the WEDI booth there bam. My rep sweet he knew I was from coverings last year. Of a great funny thing that happened in thier siminar. So we are laughing and chatting. So this lady comes up. Imagine a call from the hippie era. smiles at ya with 2 teeth thats it. looks like she can wrastle PBR by the can faster than any cowboy. She was a so called contractor partnered with her boyfriend.

So she is asking questions and such. Then asks wow you can put that in a shower stall in place of tile right. well the rep explained the whole water proof gig and all. She is still amazed that its waterproof. So she asks me if it comes in any other color. I took off my Laticrete hat. With a straight face as best as i could. She brought her boyfriend over. I told them yes it comes in 7 different colors and for 300 bucks more when you order . you have to tell them you want that package. So I explained to her that after its installed ya peel a corner with your finger nail. And just pull back the color ya like. They asked about the glue residue i said well just find the color ya like and use soapy water it comes right off. trim it out and wham you are done.

WEDI WAS NO INVOLVED IN ANY WAY.. It was all me. And as everyone knows I like to have fun and laughs. I would love to see them try and order that kind of product

moral of the whole thing.its people who are so called contractors out there that are ruining it for us. And sometimes i just have had enough
Is there a special Wedi drain as well? I find the Kerdi drain to difficult.

Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
Carpe Diem

Trade: Smile 4 Tile
Rewards Points: 1,114

Quote:
Originally Posted by algernon

Is there a special Wedi drain as well? I find the Kerdi drain to difficult.
Huh? The Kerdi-Drain is about the easiest part of building a shower.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #4
Chief Reporter of Spam

Trade: Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling
Rewards Points: 1,282

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus242

Huh? The Kerdi-Drain is about the easiest part of building a shower.
Kerdi drain is a cream-dream,lol... the only way that could be confusing is if u didn't know what pvc glue was
Old 03-11-2011, 06:37 PM   #5
Chief Reporter of Spam

Trade: Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling
Rewards Points: 1,282

They musta been on some good drugs... especially thinking that you can peel layers off to get a different color!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: DIYer apparently
Rewards Points: 1,000

i can sell ya a bag of dog crap and tell it cleans tile
Old 03-12-2011, 01:21 AM   #7

Trade: Carpentry
Rewards Points: 79

Sorry, my attempt at humour was not up to par...
I was going along with the Wedi-colour joke.
\fail

Advertisement