Echo 58 Volt Hedge Trimmer - Landscaping - Contractor Talk

Echo 58 Volt Hedge Trimmer

Old 03-18-2019, 08:31 PM   #1
Designer/Contractor

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,842

Echo 58 Volt Hedge Trimmer

Looking for a cordless hedge trimmer for south African honeysuckle and a giant bougainvillea bush and leaning towards getting an Echo 58 volt hedge trimmer, thought I'd check on here first and see if anyone has any opinions on how good it is.

I'm leaning towards Echo as I love their gas string trimmers but I think for the hedge trimmer a cordless will do, not nearly as much area to cover.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 03-21-2019, 06:45 PM   #2

Trade: Home Improvement
Rewards Points: 30

Re: Echo 58 Volt Hedge Trimmer

Can't speak for the hedge trimmer. I have the 58v string trimmer. Two years old and has been perfect. I got mine on amazon, it came with a higher ah battery than the local box stores.

Advertisement

Old 03-22-2019, 12:52 AM   #3
Designer/Contractor

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occva View Post
Can't speak for the hedge trimmer. I have the 58v string trimmer. Two years old and has been perfect. I got mine on amazon, it came with a higher ah battery than the local box stores.
Thanks for the info. I ended up getting a brand I'd never heard of before called EGO. It's 54 volts and has a 1" throat. The thing really worked well, it never got jammed once, would just keep on cutting away. I ran it for about an hour (off and on as I was cleaning up the brambles as I went) and it was still going strong when I stopped.

I got it because it was less expensive, cost 200 bucks and it has the 1" throat instead of a 3/4" throat which helps with the shrubs. Really happy with it, it's already paid for itself in less aggravation with the jamming blade problem on the smaller clippers.

After seeing how well these lithium Ion batteries work I'm curious how long your string trimmer goes without needing a recharge. I love my Echo gas trimmer but if I could go all electric I would in a second. I hate the fumes, wear a fume respirator when I string trim unless the wind's high.

How long can you weed whip for before it runs down?

Last edited by Rio; 03-22-2019 at 12:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2019, 06:11 AM   #4

Trade: Home Improvement
Rewards Points: 30

I charge it about every other month. I trim once a week, roughly 600 feet each time. Nothing real tall. Just flower beds and turn it sideways to edge the driveway and sidewalk.
The battery life is really impressive. Bonus is the wife will use it.
Rio (03-22-2019)