Calfinders Way Of Doing Business - Landscaping - Contractor Talk

Calfinders Way Of Doing Business

Old 07-29-2008, 09:32 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Calfinders Way Of Doing Business

For anyone interested in this service.

They don't qualify the leads like they say they do. We got leads that were contractor disputes, people not interested, or fixing crappy jobs. It is a $430 up front fee plus a monthley fee of $145 a month, and the leads are very expensive. The average is $80 a lead, depending on the trade.

I thought they would be a great service since they are located close to us. I spent a fair amount of time on the phone with the company while doing my due diligence. At the time I could not find anything bad about them-good sales men.

Boy was I wrong!!!

We received leads from so cal right after signing, which is 8 hours away from us. HMMMM, Red Flag! They also overcharged us $20 for concrete leads - on every one!! I still have to figure out the accounting since they do not provide an invoice.

I cant' beleive the owner of this site allows them to advertise on here.

I have had much better success with Service Magic, which we all know, is a so-so service.I don't get taken advatage of very often, but they got me.
We would have been better off spending the $2,000 (we spent Calfinders in the 6 weeks we were with them) on a marketing campaign.

Jessica

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 07-29-2008, 09:41 PM   #2

Re: Calfinders Way Of Doing Business

By the way, I see my typo under our company name. Does anyone know how to change it? Family business with four boys! Who has time to spell check.

Advertisement

Old 09-15-2008, 04:05 PM   #3

Thanks for your info regarding CaFinders. I changed my mind about their services right before signing up. I actually contacted several contractors who use their servive and they all say the same thing; "Horrible service". Someone should consider suing this company for their false advertising. They do not even provide the buyer with a detailed contract of all their promises.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2008, 11:30 PM   #4
Crash Test Dummy

Trade: Landscaping
Rewards Points: 1,000

Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estate Scapes View Post
By the way, I see my typo under our company name. Does anyone know how to change it? Family business with four boys! Who has time to spell check.

Look up top in the small blue bar for the User CP link. Should be able to edit your own info.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #5
PRO

Trade: CGC Concrete
Rewards Points: 150

I originally planned to keep Calfinder for 6 months and I just couldn't do it. I posted on here about the bad service I was receiving and their little lap dog Gabriel sent me a E-mail asking me to remove my comments from this site. I sent him an e-mail back asking for a full refund and to piss off. Gabriel tried to ack all innocent and say he noticed someone who sounded similar to me was posting negatively on this site. Prior to the e-mail I was told I was the only contractor they had in florida that did concrete. It was all lies and a big sham. The leads were bad at best and I received about a lead a week.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: Founder of Contractor Talk
Rewards Points: 2,000

You joined this site just to bash a company? I'm sorry but that's pretty shady. Then, you sign up for a new account "jaylcpl" and use a proxy to post again agreeing with yourself?

I have no idea about Calfinder but your the one who seems shady here.

Thread closed.

Advertisement