Licenseing/certification For Pool Heat Pumps Only - Contractor Licensing - Contractor Talk

Licenseing/certification For Pool Heat Pumps Only

Old 01-11-2019, 08:38 AM   #1
Licensed Gas contractor

Trade: Pools
Rewards Points: 1,012

Licenseing/certification For Pool Heat Pumps Only

I am a FL state licensed pool contractor and hold a gas/LP license to work on gas pool heaters, my main business area. I have been doing this for the past 10 years. I work only on gas, natural/LP, heaters. I have toyed with the idea of working on electric heat pumps but to be legal, I would need probably the type 1 608 certification, guessing this.

In the state of Florida, can you get this cert or do you also need an HVAC license? If this cert is what I need, I am guessing this can be obtained online or thru a weekend course. Guessing there is a test also. Google isn't always helpful nor are the folks at DBPR.

This is just for Florida only. Not looking to work in the HVAC field, just repair electric heat pumps for pools.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement