Dbpr Licensing Status ? - Contractor Licensing - Contractor Talk

Dbpr Licensing Status ?

Unread 03-15-2019, 05:43 AM   #1

Trade: Construction

Dbpr Licensing Status ?

Has anyone gone through the licensing process to be a residential, builder, or general contractor for the STATE OF FLORIDA?

PICTURE attached of screenshot of application.

I am currently going through the process off becoming a licensed Residential contractor and have a couple of deficiencies. I had a professional company look it over and provide me with some help with organizing my application and giving me the correct verbiage to put in my experience section.

They told me to only put new construction experience, and not anything that was renovated. I have had only 2 new residential construction projects which added up to a year. I stated those on my application only and supplied proof of my 4 year college degree. It’s not construction related, but suffices for the 3 year substitution.

I have over 3 years of experience total in renovating residential homes, but was told by the professional company that experience wouldn’t count, so don’t put it down on the application. They said the 1 year of experience in new construction would be all that was needed. Now my application is showing “DEFICIENT” in experience.

Also, I submitted my personal and business credit reports. My credit core is above the minimum 660 needed, and there are no liens or judgments against me or my business. They all check out. BUT, the website is showing “DEFICIENT” for my financial/ credit statement. Am I supposed to submit a financial statement showing assets and liabilities too?

The professional company checked the box on the application that says “Financial Statement on file with the state”. I have never submitted a financial statement with the state. I didn’t think this was a part of the application. I thought the credit reports were it ?

Lastly, my fingerprints are showing deficient. I had them livescanned. Has anyone had issues with the livescan not being ready, or deficient?
Attached Thumbnails
Dbpr licensing status ?-7061c48b-1e76-43cd-bc7e-b2b5e897e803_1552647056708.png  

Last edited by jbuilds33; 03-15-2019 at 06:15 AM.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2019, 08:56 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Licensed Electrical Contractor and Remodeler
Rewards Points: 810

Re: Dbpr Licensing Status ?

We have a couple licensing experts here. I'll send a PM to the Florida expert Lisa Adams to take a look at your question.

Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2019, 09:13 PM   #3

Trade: Construction

Re: Dbpr Licensing Status ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rselectric1 View Post
We have a couple licensing experts here. I'll send a PM to the Florida expert Lisa Adams to take a look at your question.

Thank you!