Finding Work - Excavation & Site Work - Contractor Talk

Finding Work

Old 01-17-2018, 04:34 PM   #1

Trade: Excavating

Finding Work

I live in Rural Missouri I know my neighbors have work lined up for me but whatís the best way to get consistent ans good paying jobs for a compact excavator and a skidloader?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 01-17-2018, 05:11 PM   #2
improving homes

Trade: Roofing/Remodeling
Rewards Points: 310

Re: Finding Work

Word of mouth. Do as much work for as many people as you can and word gets out. Especially if you have a mini and skid. Everybody needs some kind of work done by those machines. If you're slow and need work try to think of different ways you can use the machines to make money. Lots of kinds of work for those machines. Do a good job and offer a fair price and jobs will start falling in your lap.

Most of us probably started out the same way. Learned the skills and then family and friends find out and need some work done. You do their work and they happy they talk to others and you get more work. Then as you get more and more work you can be more picky on what you do and who you do it for. Can also start charging at the higher end of the pay scale when your work is good.

Advertisement

Old 01-17-2018, 07:16 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: Builder
Rewards Points: 1,634

In addition to the above, start a facebook page for your business, post pictures of your work as often as you can, and ask your customers to post feedback.

Old 01-22-2018, 03:55 PM   #4
always building

Trade: general constructiion
Rewards Points: 2,224

grassroots actions can lead to game changing introductions... post up flyers at feed stores and lumber yards... sponsor a community pot luck that benefits a charity of your choice....kiss babies, shake hands
Old 02-01-2018, 02:31 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: excavating/ drywall/ currently remodeling
Rewards Points: 230

Where in rural Missouri do you live? I've excavated in rural Missouri my whole life. Believe me, the strategy you use depends greatly on the region!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2018, 10:10 PM   #6

Trade: dirt
Rewards Points: 4

t.carpenter00 Ok Iím interested how about southwest MO
Old 02-14-2018, 10:23 PM   #7
Pro

Trade: excavating/ drywall/ currently remodeling
Rewards Points: 230

I live in Neosho. This place is different from anywhere I've live. I find that money is the only thing that talks here. Do good work - silence. Do bad work - silence. It's very slow to break in and everyone has their one guy ( who sucks) that they've always used. Low price talks here. I've worked all over this state - every region. I don't even bother trying to do dirt work here. Sorry for the negative view. It's been my experience.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Advertisement