Bobcat MT85 Mini Skid - Excavation & Site Work - Contractor Talk

Bobcat MT85 Mini Skid

Old 04-08-2019, 07:23 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 676

Bobcat MT85 Mini Skid

Anyone have the MT85? I am looking for a mini skid steer for help with deck footing, minor grading, moving material, etc. There is a Bobcat dealer close to me so that's why I am looking at the MT85. Also, can it accept attachments from other equipment (Toro, Ditchwitch, etc). I have a rental place right up the street from me that mostly rents Dingo attachments.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 04-08-2019, 07:44 PM   #2
Contractor

Trade: Excavation, Foundation, Professional Painter!
Rewards Points: 658

Re: Bobcat MT85 Mini Skid

Those statements, Dingo etc. Have a different mounting plate last I used any.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Advertisement

www.gebcon.com
Old 04-08-2019, 08:39 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: Carpentry
Rewards Points: 1,526

The MT uses the standard bobcat quick tac mount. The rest of the minis use the toro style.

I have a ramrod and I know I guy with the MT 85. Side by side the MT85 is crazy long in comparison. Also the wheel on the platform of the MT 85 is a pain as it likes to dig in.
Reverse speed on the MT85 is slow too. A lot of times you end up backing down an entire house as there is no room to turn around

I would recommend either a toro dingo or a Vermeer.

This is mine
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stunt Carpenter For This Useful Post:
alboston (04-08-2019), Fouthgeneration (04-13-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2019, 11:13 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: General contractor
Rewards Points: 1,587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Carpenter View Post
The MT uses the standard bobcat quick tac mount. The rest of the minis use the toro style.

I have a ramrod and I know I guy with the MT 85. Side by side the MT85 is crazy long in comparison. Also the wheel on the platform of the MT 85 is a pain as it likes to dig in.
Reverse speed on the MT85 is slow too. A lot of times you end up backing down an entire house as there is no room to turn around

I would recommend either a toro dingo or a Vermeer.

This is mine

How does the Ramrod compare in price to the Bobcat?
Old 04-08-2019, 11:52 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay hole View Post
How does the Ramrod compare in price to the Bobcat?

Not sure retail pricing. I picked up a demo unit that was a few years old. Had like 4 hours on it.

I wouldn’t recommend buying from Ramrod. They are probably the worst company I have ever worked with. I order mine machine nov 3 2016 and was guaranteed deliver nov 30. My machine showed up Feb 20 2017. Granted they did throw in a few auger drive and 12” bit but it took a lot and ending up talking directly with the CEO.

I’m only buying this bucket from them as it is only one town away as someone else was going to buy and backed out so it’s been sitting on a pallet for a while at one of there “dealers”.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:23 AM   #6
Pro

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 676

I don't mind the slower reverse speed. I tend to move slower as I get older in general. I didn't see a wheel on the platform for the MT85? Anyways, I was given the option of attachment interface of Bob-Tach or the CII which I think can accept non Bobcat attachments. I am having a hard time getting an answer from the attachment rental place whether the Dingo attachments will fit with the CII interface.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:34 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alboston View Post
I don't mind the slower reverse speed. I tend to move slower as I get older in general. I didn't see a wheel on the platform for the MT85? Anyways, I was given the option of attachment interface of Bob-Tach or the CII which I think can accept non Bobcat attachments. I am having a hard time getting an answer from the attachment rental place whether the Dingo attachments will fit with the CII interface.

Looks like the changed that on the newer models. The older models the platform to stand on was a separate add on
Old 04-11-2019, 01:42 PM   #8
Pro

First job of the year for my machine.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:41 AM   #9
Pro

Trade: Concrete/Masonry
Rewards Points: 290

Around here most of the rental houses use the Dingos, and subsequently have all Toro attachments. That TX1000 they came out with looks pretty beefy.

I have more hours that I care to think about behind a TX525. They are one of those tools that are so handy when you need them, but when you need something slightly bigger you rapidly start to hate it.

We've done some serious work with them, if I was going to buy one I would look hard at their biggest model though.

Advertisement