Advice For Starting Career As Operating Engineer - Excavation & Site Work - Contractor Talk

Advice For Starting Career As Operating Engineer

Old 02-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #1

Trade: none
Rewards Points: 10
Question

Advice For Starting Career As Operating Engineer

Hey all , I was writing in regards to my little brother who will be 18 next month and ahh does not want to go to college-hes not that type he smart with "labor jobs" rather than doing anything that requires a 4 yr degree. My husband works in the private sanitation business-but always dreamed of being an operating engineer which is his passion he knows the machines from a-z, but unfortunatly we had lots of bills back then and couldnt afford the loss of pay to do a career change. My brother is interested in starting a career in this field while hes young is there any advice for the beginning steps-ex: school- or union?. We are from Northern NJ. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement