Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

how to get started

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Gregpaves 
#1 ·
I am looking to get started in pressure washing. I would like to do exterior pressure washing.

Driveways, roofs, and housing sides.

I live in florida so we have a lot of iron around the sprinklers and water spickets.

Please let me know what I need to know to get started and what to purchase.

Thanks a lot

#2 ·
Full time?
Any other sources of income?

There are many things you need to learn to be a professional. Most of us don't even really need a pressure washer for what we do.. for instance pressure washing will do zero for rust stains. You would need to apply acid and that is also not for the everyday guy. The business is not rocket science but does require some finesse. if you run a PW'ing business like you would any other, you have a chance for success.. then again in Florida.. good luck.

If you are going full time and have approximately $50,000 (and a truck) for initial start up and funding capital, you could survive your first year.

#7 ·
Full time?
Any other sources of income?

There are many things you need to learn to be a professional. Most of us don't even really need a pressure washer for what we do.. for instance pressure washing will do zero for rust stains. You would need to apply acid and that is also not for the everyday guy. The business is not rocket science but does require some finesse. if you run a PW'ing business like you would any other, you have a chance for success.. then again in Florida.. good luck.

If you are going full time and have approximately $50,000 (and a truck) for initial start up and funding capital, you could survive your first year.
3/4 time..

Why 50k? Is that for living expenses? That seems like a lot.

How do I learn about the chemicals if you say I don't even need to have a pressure washer.

Please let me know.

I want to learn about cleanings roofs and exterior and then pavers.

Please help

#4 ·
You are taking the right steps by asking questions and finding out about licensing and insurance requirements. Take your time there is plenty to learn, from graffiti removal too sand blasting. Search the net you will find plenty of info from helpful contractors. Good management skills are needed as for you will be responsible for marketing, direct sales, pricing, services, book keeping and more. You will want to check out your suppliers and who your potential customers maybe.
:oops:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.