TRION HE Plus 1400/2000 Air Cleaner - HVAC - Contractor Talk

TRION HE Plus 1400/2000 Air Cleaner

Old 12-13-2007, 10:42 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

TRION HE Plus 1400/2000 Air Cleaner

I am looking to buy a Electronic Whole-House Air Cleaner HE Plus 1400/2000 and would like to have your feed back on the TRION LINE and what you feeling is about the HE Plus 1400/2000, compareint it with the Aprilaire's ?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 12-13-2007, 11:13 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Re: TRION HE Plus 1400/2000 Air Cleaner

I remain interested in the results of 'popularity contest' questions. The most accurate answer is that the 'best one' is the one the supplier has in stock, the one the installer sells and the one the customer bought, so one or all of these reveals who likes what the most. I think there is a survey capability here for people to vote on. It's like a mini Consumer Reports. I'm sure the manufacturer who wins will be happy.

Advertisement

Old 12-28-2007, 12:04 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: custom home building
Rewards Points: 2,624

i had a trion something or other in my last house. it ran for 7 years no problems. i guess it was cleaning the air?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2007, 09:21 AM   #4
Pro

Trade: HVAC
Rewards Points: 150

Maybe it's just me but I would rather buy a good media filter that I can actually see the results of it's filtering ability when I check it than an electronic that costs more and you have no idea what it is doing other than costing you money to operate and maintain. Medical and pharmacutical facilities where they have white rooms could use the most expensive filters in the world, what do they use? Hepas, yup just media.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:19 PM   #5
Certified Remodeler

Trade: Kitchen bath remodeler
Rewards Points: 2,000

Depends on who you ask, I did a job for my HVAC guy and took a look at his fancy house system and he has an Aprilaire media filter just like the one in my home. I was interested in the electonic system but I talked to a few heating guys about this and they all had an Aprilaire in their homes, But they would sell me an electronic filter if I wanted to buy one.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:26 PM   #6
Old School Marine

Trade: Union Journeyman Electrician
Rewards Points: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertree View Post
Depends on who you ask, I did a job for my HVAC guy and took a look at his fancy house system and he has an Aprilaire media filter just like the one in my home. I was interested in the electonic system but I talked to a few heating guys about this and they all had an Aprilaire in their homes, But they would sell me an electronic filter if I wanted to buy one.

I do all commercial/industrial/government work and have never seen an electronic filter on any job. BigMike is right about medical and lab facilities, they all use media type filters. Media does a better job and uses no power and the ones that are electrostatic are the same.

Advertisement