Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Strange process for AC turning on

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Ernie in Dawson 
#1 ·
Lately I have been noticing on my home AC unit that the thermostat will click to call for AC and then about 3-4 minutes later the blower comes on and then 3-4 minutes later the condenser kicks on.

In all my 17 years in the house when the thermostat calls for cool, the fan comes on simultaneously as the condenser. I have never noticed this lag before. I suspect something is up.

Any idea what is wrong or is this normal for hot Florida days? I keep the house at 78 during the day until bed time when I really cool it off.

#6 · (Edited)
Is there a "Big Brother" energy demand reduction control that allows the utility to delay your cooling(power) load as part of an area wide scheme to delay construction of a needed central power plant.....

look for a phone line going to your disconnect switch....

possibility two, and anti-icing mode, that allows an iced up a-coil to thaw?

A clean air filter would reduce the "fertilizer" available for the stuff that plugs your drain....
Condensation drains need to be visible at some point to lower chances of damage from plumbing failures.....

Ask your doctor about Legionaries disease.... not good....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.