Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New to Bidding, Need Help Please!!

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  rselectric1 
#1 ·
I am in HVAC, bit new to estimating/ bidding new construction. I am trying to get averages for bidding purposes. Can anyone tell me the average cost to install a 5 Ton RUUD w/ all duct work on a new construction of 2400sq. ft.???? I need to know if my current bidding is on point or if I'm too high. I need all the help I can get.

#4 ·
Hi, Missy, no one here is going to give you a price or even a ballpark figure for the project. Various reasons, of course, one being that we don't know where you are located and all places are different. Heck, there are differences from business to business in the same location.

If you need help in figuring out HOW to go about the process of figuring a price for a project then you may find help here but direct pricing questions are frowned on here.

Andy.

#5 ·
If you can tell me what your competitors pay their employees or themselves, if they have company vehicles, what they pay for insurance, dedicated suppliers, company debt, health insurance, etc. (aka - the list goes on)... THEN we can give you an average...

Not really... hopefully you'll come to the realization that you need to charge what YOU need to be in business... take one metric only... If one HVAC owner is happy making $50K/year and another wants $100K/year, how are you going to "average" that into your pricing?

Keep in mind, that's only ONE metric of many... KNOW your numbers intimately, charge what you need to be in business and then it's a matter of finding the customers that can support your business...

Verizon and Cricket customers are two different sets of people as an example and Verizon doesn't lower their price to Cricket's level to "average"... they market to customers that can support what they need to charge...

Hard business lesson to learn, because when you're starting out, most think EVERYONE is their potential customers... that is until what you need to actually be in business and what they can afford or willing to pay are in conflict...

#6 ·
Thank you for posting on ContractorTalk.com. Straight pricing questions are frowned upon here, as are 'Going Rate' questions. If you are a contractor seeking advice regarding your pricing structure, the Moderators of this forum would like to direct you to this thread: "Pricing, Estimating and Success".

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.