Honeywell Wireless Thermostat Issue - HVAC - Contractor Talk

Honeywell Wireless Thermostat Issue

Old 12-17-2018, 03:00 AM   #1
Pro

Trade: I'll do that for 500 bucks.
Rewards Points: 9,646

Honeywell Wireless Thermostat Issue

I'm on a remodel that has a Honeywell TH6320R thermostat that wirelessly hooks to a Honeywell THM5320R controller. It has always been a bit temperamental, but I could get it to connect and get the the or A/C going.

Today I ran by there to make sure the heat was doing it's thing so we can get in and paint and lay flooring. The heat had been off all weekend and it was showing a no signal error. I put another set of new batteries in and tried everything I could think of to get it to connect. It usually does it automatically, but I even trid manually hitting the connect button and connecting it. No go.

I hit the breaker and waited for it to reset and it only would flash red like it was trying to connect. It did try to run a few times, but then as soon as it would kick on, it would shut down and get a no signal error.

Anyone use one of these? Any ideas? It is really messing up my schedule on a couple jobs now.

If it was a standard wired thermostat, I'd just hook up a cheap one and see if that is the problem. However, it is 150 bucks for one, and that is a bit much to just buy and try.

I'd like to see if I can fix it before we call in the heat guys.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 12-17-2018, 03:46 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: General
Rewards Points: 3,272

Re: Honeywell Wireless Thermostat Issue

You could just jump the wire.

Advertisement

Old 12-17-2018, 03:47 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: General
Rewards Points: 3,272

sorry, I should clarify. not familiar with this unit, but heating systems havent changed that much. THere will still be the control wires on the controller. You can jump those. If the heating starts up, its obviously a problem with the thermosat/thermostat controller.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2018, 08:57 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: H.v.a.c.
Rewards Points: 3,512

Long term, run some wire to from A to B, not that I am there, but more times than not, there is a way to make it happen in a manner that is acceptable to the home-owner. Short term, install a regular thermostat by the heater, and one can find a set point that will work.

I am not a fan of those wireless setups. I had a weekend call with a malfunctioning transmitter. There was a way to run the low voltage wire, but the contractor took the easy way.