OSHA Compliant Temp Heat - Health & Safety - Contractor Talk

OSHA Compliant Temp Heat

Old 01-24-2019, 01:52 AM   #1

Trade: GC

OSHA Compliant Temp Heat

I've got a real issue that I need some help/advice with....
Let me give you the background. We are a GC in NC. We build commercial buildings, multi-family, hotels. All of these contain many, sometimes a few hundred separate rooms.

How is everyone complying/applying OSHA guidelines to heat these spaces?
For those that are in the same market, what does your company is to install drywall, millwork and flooring.
We are always in a rush to get the permanent heat running but it is one of the late tasks installed. Flooring contractor are refusing more and more to put flooring in anything less than perfect conditioning. Architects cringe when wood trim is installed without permanent heat, etc.
All of these I completely understand...what to do!

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2019, 02:24 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Industrial
Rewards Points: 864

Re: OSHA Compliant Temp Heat

You can rent very nice temporary heating systems and there are subcontractors out there specializing in this type of work that will set up and maintain the systems.

Note that a key part of a good temp heating system is introduction of fresh air. The days of running a salamander in the building are over, it is unsafe.

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to Fishindude For This Useful Post:
Randy Bush (01-24-2019)