OSHA 30 Hour Training Online - Health & Safety - Contractor Talk

OSHA 30 Hour Training Online

Old 02-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Subcontractor
Rewards Points: 304

OSHA 30 Hour Training Online

We are required to go through OSHA 30 hour training this year. The trainings at the BX don't work out so we are going to try it online.

Has anyone here gone through Turner's course or any other online OSHA course?

Even if it is the ten hour course I would appreciate your insight.

Thanks.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
New Guy

Trade: General contractor Safety dept
Rewards Points: 10

Re: OSHA 30 Hour Training Online

We have found the best online OSHA training for 30 hour to be at one of two places. Either osha30hourtraining.com , or osha-pros.com . You also asked about 10 hour training, OSHA Pros has that available online too, and a site called osha10hourtraining.com has 10 hour online courses avaiable in english and in spanish. We know they are all legit, you get the real OSHA wallet card, as well as a temporary certificate to download as soon as you finish. Good training.

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
Sean

Trade: Principal / Owner
Rewards Points: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSHA Pro View Post
We have found the best online OSHA training for 30 hour to be at one of two places. Either osha30hourtraining.com , or osha-pros.com . You also asked about 10 hour training, OSHA Pros has that available online too, and a site called osha10hourtraining.com has 10 hour online courses avaiable in english and in spanish. We know they are all legit, you get the real OSHA wallet card, as well as a temporary certificate to download as soon as you finish. Good training.
OSHA Pro, first off welcome to CT

Would you mind posting an intro here, & putting your location in your profile? Thanks
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2009, 04:52 PM   #4
Structural Engineer

Trade: Mechanical, Structural
Rewards Points: 500

One of my business partners is an OSHA Outreach Trainer, authorized to do the 10 and 30 hour courses, and all of the basics (fall protection, confined space, etc). If anyone is in the NJ area and is interested, I can ask him he'd do a course for folks outside our company. We've done that before.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:37 AM   #5
Pro

Trade: Subcontractor
Rewards Points: 304

Thanks OSHA Pro.

Are you affiliated with any of the mentioned sites? It doesn't hurt their credibility, I'd just like to know if there are any biases.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:18 PM   #6
Safety Saves You

Trade: Construction Safety
Rewards Points: 75

Safety Temps Limited has been training workers by the class full since House Bill 1549 passed requiring mandatory safety training and it's none of that papermill, online stuff.

Shoot me a PM and we'll talk.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #7

You could also try J&M Safety out of Texas. They provide access to tons of online courses including 10/30 hr. jandmsafety.com.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:26 AM   #8
Safety Saves You

Yeah... we do the online stuff too, but recommend the classes. Either will get you your certification, but learning styles and technological deficiencies and access to multiple computers makes online a little more cumbersome than people like to let on.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #9

Thumbs down

I highly DO NOT RECOMMEND purchasing on-line OHSA training from either "osha-pros.com" or "osha30hourtraining.com" (they are the same company anyway).
I made the MISTAKE of buying it for the employees at my company and not any of them finished it!! A complete waste of money!!!
FIRST-- the user only has 3 attempts to pass the more than 50 unit review TESTS at the end of each "unit." If the unit isn't passed, the player the site uses (360training/icourseplayer) FORCES the user to watch every slide in the unit completely. SECOND-- there is no way to "click though" a slide that you have already seen, so if you have to go back to a page to get some info, you have to watch every slide in the unit AGAIN at the computers pace..........it literally makes the train 3 times (90 hours) longer than it has to be. THIRD-- If you call the online company, they RECOMMEND that you just write out all 30 hours of training BY HAND.....they said "that was the preferable method." Osha-Pros also told me that "they did not promise on the site to provide a real 'study guide,' only the online training" and that "OSHA would not allow them to do that", which is NOT TRUE because I called OSHA!!
ANYWAY......I sincerely hope that this post saves at least one person from making the same mistake I did. I DO NOT RECOMMEND PURCHASING THIS PRODUCT!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to HRManager22 For This Useful Post:
bwalley (10-27-2009)
Old 10-29-2009, 05:38 AM   #10
Pro

Trade: Residential remodel
Rewards Points: 244

Thanks for the feedback HR.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:43 PM   #11
Pro

Trade: Exiled For Life
Rewards Points: 2,000

Also check state LnI requirements. This online OSHA 30 test would not be valid in WA. For one osha 10 must be taken first and osha 30 would have to taken with in 6 months with the same instructor.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #12
Safety Saves You

...Or PM me and we can make the class work for you... Like I said in an earlier post...
We offer online, however recommend the class. Many people dont have enough computers, aren't skilled enough, you cant ask questions... and so on...geez man, some people have a hard enough time just reading, let alone for 10 or 30 hours...
I stand behind our guys 100% - if you need training just PM me and we can set something up you'll be completely satisfied with...

Sorry your first go didn't work out for you.

Advertisement

Last edited by Safety Guy; 11-04-2009 at 02:31 PM.