Compression Sleeves - Health & Safety - Contractor Talk

Compression Sleeves

Old 05-13-2019, 08:26 AM   #1
Pro

Trade: GC/ Interior & Exterior Remodeling
Rewards Points: 12,714

Compression Sleeves

So I'm interested in these Tommie copper knee sleeves or something similar. all this wet weather is really making my knees feel fatigued.

Anyone have feedback on this or some of the other products?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 05-13-2019, 08:48 AM   #2
General Contractor

Trade: New Home Construction-Additions-Remodeling
Rewards Points: 7,990

Re: Compression Sleeves

Tom as I was looking through posts I was talking to my cousin he is in the medical supply business so I asked him about this and he said that the Mava knee support sleeves are the best for that and you can get them for under $20

Advertisement

Tom M (05-13-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 09:51 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: Handyman Services
Rewards Points: 12,801

I don't know about wearing a sleeve all day. Sounds like a recipe for a rash. Maybe some kind of moisture-wicking under armor or nike product would be the thing to try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2019, 10:08 AM   #4
LRG WoodCrafting

Trade: Maker of Fine Sawdust
Rewards Points: 8,513

The copper infused fabric is suppose to help keep that from happening supposedly
WWG1WGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HusqyPro View Post
Carpenter by day.
Mad scientist by night.
http://lrgwood.com
Custom Cabinets in Hartford County Connecticut
Old 05-13-2019, 12:41 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: remodeling
Rewards Points: 1,354

I tried many knee sleeve/ braces including that Mava. The mava could not be worn all day hot and uncomfortable because of how thick it is. It also bunched up behind my knee. I have 4 Tommie Copper sleeves which I can easily wear all day and can be easily worn under long pants. They are thinner than socks , not real hot in the summer. Over time the top elastic will pull off and they will need to be replaced.

I also tried many copies of the Tommie Copper and they are close but not as good as TC. I have no idea if it is the copper thread or what but they do work for me. I think they have a money back guaranty.
The Following User Says Thank You to rrk For This Useful Post:
Tom M (05-13-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 12:55 PM   #6
Contractor

Trade: Excavation, Foundation, Professional Painter!
Rewards Points: 710

https://backontrackproducts.com/prod...rm-leg-braces/

I had some arm issues a couple of years ago and the Back on Track elbow brace worked wonders for me.

www.gebcon.com
Old 05-13-2019, 04:12 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgeb View Post
https://backontrackproducts.com/prod...rm-leg-braces/

I had some arm issues a couple of years ago and the Back on Track elbow brace worked wonders for me.
I found those to be very hot after 3 or 4 hours on my knee, I could not wear it past lunchtime
The Following User Says Thank You to rrk For This Useful Post:
tgeb (05-13-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 05:52 AM   #8
Head Grunt

Trade: carpentry
Rewards Points: 251

Tom,

As I said before I have arthritis in both knees and some torn cartilage in my right one. Before I knew about the tear, I bought a couple of Copper Compression (that's the brand) knee sleeves off Amazon. I guess I went that way because the Tommy Copper was more expensive and I'm too damn frugal.

I was hesitant to post anything yesterday giving a thumbs up or down for some reason. But the arthritis in my right knee has been quite debilitating the past few days. I wasn't wearing the sleeve.

I'm home today and I've been trying to work out some. My strength and endurance are pretty much gone due to minimal activity, due to hand and knee injuries.

Anyway, so I'm getting changed to go work out and think it would be beneficial to put on the sleeve.

Holy crap. It really made a difference.

Now, I've had these things since last June and while I have used them, not as frequently as I should, I guess I didn't realize the difference that they can make.

Or I'm losing my mind and it's like Groundhog Day. Every tie I put them on it's a new revelation. "Hey, these things really work", every time.

I would suggest getting a pair of something. Hell, I keep looking at different things, like the Mava, thinking something might be better.

I might get something else in addition. They aren't very expensive so the gamble is worth it. But right now, these puppies are da bomb.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tashler For This Useful Post:
MarkJames (05-14-2019), Tom M (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 05:57 AM   #9
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashler View Post
Tom,

As I said before I have arthritis in both knees and some torn cartilage in my right one. Before I knew about the tear, I bought a couple of Copper Compression (that's the brand) knee sleeves off Amazon. I guess I went that way because the Tommy Copper was more expensive and I'm too damn frugal.

I was hesitant to post anything yesterday giving a thumbs up or down for some reason. But the arthritis in my right knee has been quite debilitating the past few days. I wasn't wearing the sleeve.

I'm home today and I've been trying to work out some. My strength and endurance are pretty much gone due to minimal activity, due to hand and knee injuries.

Anyway, so I'm getting changed to go work out and think it would be beneficial to put on the sleeve.

Holy crap. It really made a difference.

Now, I've had these things since last June and while I have used them, not as frequently as I should, I guess I didn't realize the difference that they can make.

Or I'm losing my mind and it's like Groundhog Day. Every tie I put them on it's a new revelation. "Hey, these things really work", every time.

I would suggest getting a pair of something. Hell, I keep looking at different things, like the Mava, thinking something might be better.

I might get something else in addition. They aren't very expensive so the gamble is worth it. But right now, these puppies are da bomb.
Those are very close to Tommie Copper but dont last as long, the material separates and looses it's elasticity. Try it though.
It is hard to explain how or why they work because they are so thin but it does make a difference without being bulky at all.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:04 PM   #10
Pro

Trade: GC/ Interior & Exterior Remodeling
Rewards Points: 12,714

So they came. In my limited exposure. I would say, when your sore and feel like rubbing the area......that's when it feels nice to wear.

I don't think I want to make it a daily thing but then again I also don't want to be sore daily so fingers crossed.

I went with the Mava on Greg's recommendation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom M For This Useful Post:
greg24k (05-17-2019)
Old Today, 06:05 AM   #11
Head Grunt

Trade: carpentry
Rewards Points: 251

I just got back from five days in the Adirondacks working at a camp in the woods.
Miss my PT. Knee is swelled up again, but the copper sleeves I had helped.
But I did just order the Mava to see if they would be any better.

But I see surgery in the near future.
Old Today, 06:47 AM   #12
New Guy

Trade: Plumbing
Rewards Points: 46

It's the compression that works, regardless if the sleeve has copper or not.

Advertisement