Rising Projector Screen - Low Voltage - Contractor Talk

Rising Projector Screen

Old 11-13-2006, 05:28 PM   #1
DGR,IABD

Trade: Electrical; Commercial and Residential Service
Rewards Points: 2,002

Rising Projector Screen

I post this here, because most of you low voltage guys deal with movie screens from time to time.

I have a customer request to install a projector screen that will rise from the floor. I told them I'd install one if they get one, but they have no interest in sourcing it. (Neither do I, frankly). As they are decent customers, I decided to put a little effort into looking for one. So far, net searches come up blank. Actually, I checked on DaLite, because that's the only company I know (remembered it from the film strip projector screens in school - beep!). This screen can be no taller than 9' when extended, and it is to rise out of the floor.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 11-13-2006, 05:55 PM   #2

Re: Rising Projector Screen

Try school spply places? We use them for school with the projectors. And I am guessing you know how to make it go up and down? Because I have a few ideas :P

Advertisement

Last edited by OsNap; 11-13-2006 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Insulting MD's electrical know-how :P

Old 11-13-2006, 06:00 PM   #3
DGR,IABD

Trade: Electrical; Commercial and Residential Service
Rewards Points: 2,002

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsNap View Post
Try school spply places? We use them for school with the projectors. And I am guessing you know how to make it go up and down? Because I have a few ideas :P
I'm not going to rig something. I already know they exist. It's a matter of sourcing one. I'm a professional electrician, not a farm rigger. I don't have a vendor for this sort of thing, is all. I did find one on the net just now, but it's a brand a never heard of before and can't find that brand anywhere else on the net. I'm sure that there's a low voltage guy that can recommend a known good one. I don't want to put in some piece of crap either. I'm betting these things are in the 1000's, easily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2006, 06:05 PM   #4

Does it have to come up from the floor? Because I do know of some that are motroized that come from the celling. I try and find it again. What was the brand that you found?

Old 11-13-2006, 06:12 PM   #5

http://www.cameraworld.com/product/EP5127599.htm
http://www.amazon.com/Da-Lite-Floor-.../dp/B0002856CC
http://www.ubid.com/Elitech_60%22_x_...801076330.html

I know you said you did'nt want to rig it, but if you charge them some extra money, all you have to do is put in a little 120v motor some cabel and BAM there you go.

I know the ones you are talking about but I cant find them.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:08 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 10

I know this is probably a little late, but I'll throw it out there anyway. What you're looking for is the DaLite Ascender Electrol. I'm thinking they may have one other model that will do it as well, but can't remember off hand. You can contact the people at
churchscreens.com and they can get it for you if you still need it.

Advertisement