Low Voltage Light Bulbs - Low Voltage - Contractor Talk

Low Voltage Light Bulbs

Old 09-10-2009, 10:33 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Low Voltage Light Bulbs

So I am doing a complete remodel on my own house and trying to do everything the first time through so I dont have to do it again for a long long long time. My wife likes those electric window candles up year round and I was trying to come up with a way to run them on low voltage to save money and keep them from getting hot to the touch /burning the shade. Is there any bulbs you would suggest? With a transformer, how many lights could I put on it - I wanted to link them all together and put them on a timer. Any transformer you would recommend? I am not extremely knowledgable about low voltage so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Hatter

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 09-10-2009, 10:40 PM   #2
solar guy

Trade: solar contracting
Rewards Points: 1,000

Re: Low Voltage Light Bulbs

look into LED bulbs you can get them in a candle style and will use about 1 watt and last 30000 hours they are expensive though but pay for themselves.

Advertisement