A Move Worth Considering - Help Wanted or Looking For Work - Contractor Talk

A Move Worth Considering

Old 10-09-2019, 11:37 AM   #1
Builder of Stuff

Trade: Carpentry
Rewards Points: 290

A Move Worth Considering

Hello Friends,

You might not know about Burlington Vermont, but you should.

Here's what you probably already know:
  • It's Cold.
  • There's pretty leaves.
  • Maple Syrup is pretty good, right?
  • People ski here.
  • There are more cows than people.

Here's what you don't know, or you'd live here:
  • Our summers are, like, life-changing beautiful.
  • Vermonters are warm folks, who would love to welcome you to a new place.
  • You could belong here.
  • There is work here, and there always was, even through 2008 and 2009.

Our little company, Lewis Creek Builders, is searching for a talented Carpenter to add to our thriving building crew. We are a company of 19 people, tackling some complex projects, some simple projects, some boring projects, some seemingly impossible projects. We have always been blessed by good people who want us to work for them, and great carpenters who want to build good stuff.

If you think you have the skills that someone would associate with a 6+ year carpenter who has worked in increasingly complex work; if you value diversity; if you want to work in a supportive and growth-oriented environment; I'd love to talk with you about moving to Vermont. You can expect wages that are well above the median income for our state, and above the living wages for our communities. You can expect benefits that you wouldn't anticipate with a small family-owned business.

We're looking for one crew lead who can handle project management on-site, as well as one experienced carpenter who can take direction and pursue great outcomes.

And we have never laid off a carpenter.

If you're tired of building 12,000 square foot houses for clients who are ready to "scale back", and want to work on a team making positive changes for good people, you can reach me at 802-922-8379. My name's Chris, and I'd love to connect.

You can also find us at Lewiscreekcompany.com.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement