Anyone Have Info On Cargobody Fiberglass Inserts - Electrical - Contractor Talk

Anyone Have Info On Cargobody Fiberglass Inserts

Old 09-15-2006, 10:16 PM   #1
New Contractor

Trade: Electrical Contractor
Rewards Points: 10

Anyone Have Info On Cargobody Fiberglass Inserts

Found this online and was wondering if anyone has seen or used these. They look good but are they practicle

http://www.cargobody.com/pickup_truck.htm

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 09-15-2006, 10:29 PM   #2
DGR,IABD

Trade: Electrical; Commercial and Residential Service
Rewards Points: 2,002

Re: Anyone Have Info On Cargobody Fiberglass Inserts

I have a fundamental objection to crawling around on my knees any more than I have to. That said, I know that the farm vets seem to all use a cap very similar to that one.

Advertisement

Old 09-16-2006, 11:40 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: Master Electrican, Electrical Contractor
Rewards Points: 306

The phone company in my area uses similar, and also the well heeled alarm company's in the area. They fit into parking garages that vans with ladder racks might not due to height restrictions. My favorite picture in that site is the chick in the "mobile office " picture. Two minutes parked in the sun where I live and she wouldn't be smiling in the photo any longer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #4

Trade: refrigeration and hvac

if you can find another brand ..... go with them instead. spacecap,nortruck,fibermold etc.

i ordered 2 cargobody tradesman units 6 months ago.....was told 10-12 week delivery. its now march 7 ,2008. still waiting.
i've heard every excuss known. they've ignored my calls repeatedly....lied about delivery dates repeatedly........ i'm trying now to get mt money back,so i can get some spacekaps. ......they're not returning my calls .

what a poorly run operation.

never again!
Old 03-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #5
Head Grunt

Trade: Electrical Contractor&Home Maintenance
Rewards Points: 2,196

A friend of mine has something similar on a 2500HD but it is custom made out of aluminum. Very nice looking but a pain to get in and out of, like said above it is a pain on your knee's. It doesnt seem to hold alot either, i had a Dodge Dakota extra cab short bed with a cap/ladder rack and that had more room for tools and the access for the ladders was much easier. If you had the sliding bed it would be much better but for the money you might just better get a trailer.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #6

Trade: Trees Service
Thumbs down

It's true cargobody is having some problems. I was thinking about getting one until I talked to a friend who works for the power company in
Missouri. They ordered a service body and after 6 months of waiting they started looking for something else. They found another product at fleetwest.net and told Cargobody they wanted to cancel the order but they said they couldn't canel the order because there was nothing in their order which specifies build time. They then found out that Cargobody had a fire in the plant and that someone went to jail. Sounds like they are having some finacial trouble.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:13 AM   #7

Trade: computers

I ordered a unit from them a year ago and gave them $14000.00 and got nothing except excuses from that doush bag Ken Morey. apparently the place burned down and they have no insurance. A real gem of an operation.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:36 AM   #8

Trade: General
Exclamation

My partner had multiple issues with Cargobody! It sounded to me as if there were issues internally with that company. All the people he contacted that were at all concerned or helpful with the multiple complaints he had about the unit he was delivered, are no longer with the company. There are still issues with the unit after all this time but we've given up. My recommendation is - RUN!
MrAutoPilot

Last edited by MrAutoPilot; 07-30-2008 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Spelling / Formatting
Old 07-30-2008, 02:48 PM   #9

Trade: Landscaping

My partner had multiple issues with Cargobody! It sounded to me as if there were issues internally with that company. All the people he contacted that were at all concerned or helpful with the multiple complaints he had about the unit he was delivered, are no longer with the company. There are still issues with the unit after all this time but we've given up. My recommendation is - RUN!
MrAutoPilot
Old 08-01-2008, 03:15 PM   #10

Trade: electrical
Thumbs down

Run for your life ! I sent them $12K and I fear it is lost. The plant in Iowa burned down in March, and no insurance. Owner is still taking orders and down payments. They will never answer their phone, only voice mail. Response was great until they got the down payment and then disappeared. Phone in Iowa is disconnected. Total Scam.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:30 AM   #11
Contractor

Trade: Remodeling & Home Additions
Rewards Points: 1,174

isn't this a bit intriguiing, 5 brand new users w/ 1 post who have bad words about the product? It may all be true, but could be competition bad mouthing-I'm not interested enough to google it though :-(
Old 08-12-2008, 09:50 PM   #12
Head Grunt

Trade: Electrical Contractor&Home Maintenance
Rewards Points: 2,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72chevy4x4 View Post
isn't this a bit intriguiing, 5 brand new users w/ 1 post who have bad words about the product? It may all be true, but could be competition bad mouthing-I'm not interested enough to google it though :-(
Good eye!!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:41 PM   #13
Old School Marine

Trade: Union Journeyman Electrician
Rewards Points: 250

I drive a Ford F-350 with a steel cap similar to the one shown. The side doors are my primary access method. I carry a boat docking pole in the back to pull items toward the door rather than do the knee crawl. As long as the back is organized it isn't bad to work out of. The place using a pick up and cap beats a van hands down is when you need a/c or heat, it works so much faster with a truck cab rather than a big metal box.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #14

Trade: slectrical

Looks like some old posts, I was looking around to see if they reared their ugly head again. Itoo lost my $11k from them, last I check the scumbag that owned the place fled to Canada. Anyone with more info?

PS bought a steel Fleetwest, works good, better have a stout truck, as the unit is heavy to start with.

Last edited by sroebke; 03-20-2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Saw the Fleetwest add at the bottom of the page.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #15

Trade: hvac

I am sorry to inform everyone that it is true Cargobody Products L.L.C. of Rock Rapids Iowa has been permanently closed due to a fire that was started by a disgruntled employee this employee was caught and sent to prison for 15 years and there was no insurance the owner fled to possibly Langley British Columbia or Vancouver Island B.C. leaving large amounts of money owed to his employees as well as his customers. I am sorry this is all the information i know. I hope this helps.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #16
I own stock in FotoMat!

Trade: 132 on Bush, I've got him at gunpoint!
Rewards Points: 11,812

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAnson View Post
I am sorry to inform everyone that it is true. Cargobody Products L.L.C. of Rock Rapids Iowa has been permanently closed due to a fire. It was started by a disgruntled employee. This employee was caught and sent to prison for 15 years. There was no insurance. The owner fled to possibly Langley British Columbia or Vancouver Island B.C., leaving large amounts of money owed to his employees as well as his customers. I am sorry. This is all the information I know. I hope this helps.
I fixed it for you.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #17
Working

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 2,276

All these Iowa people running off to B.C.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #18

Trade: manufacturing

I used to work at Cargobody. Ken Morey is responsible for all the disruption. Morey would promise order dates, then have his workers change one customers order (body) to another customer order and a new promise date - he had his staff running in circles and Morey would not take calls directly - he instructed staff to lie to customers. Morey repeatedly missed payrolls, and told staff to hold their checks. The staff were dedicated hard working people who cared about the customers, Morey simply over promised and under-delivered in every aspect, customers, suppliers, and employees. In the end, Morey had made a promotional promise to an employee - Morey didn't deliver - and the employee lit a match in frustration with Morey's continued dishonesty and apparent getting away with it. Morey decided not to renew his property insurance and he paid the price. He headed back to Canada, after getting a large grant from the state of Iowa. Iowa should have monitored him closer - all Iowan's got ripped in this deal.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:02 PM   #19

Trade: welder
Rewards Points: 2

I recently had a bad dealing with that lowlife when he scammed me out of some cash. It wasn't until later that I googled him and realized what a POS he is. He's got bad deals and people he's ripped off all over the place. If anyone wants to track him down for legal reasons I know how to reach him. I'll be working on a small claim against him soon enough.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:32 PM   #20
Pro

Trade: residential remodeling/construction
Rewards Points: 1,351

After almost 16 years of scammin', looks like he's got a system that works for him.
Maybe someday he can join Bernie Madoff......

Advertisement