Trim-Tex Install Pricing - Drywall - Contractor Talk

Trim-Tex Install Pricing

Old 04-06-2006, 11:16 PM   #1

Trade: Drywall & Painting
Rewards Points: 10

Trim-Tex Install Pricing

Can anyone advise me on establishing installation rates for Trim-Tex products in central Minnesota? Bullnose, base shoe, radius edging, magic-flex, etc.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 04-07-2006, 04:48 PM   #2
Professional Remodeler

Trade: Remodeling Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,000

Re: Trim-Tex Install Pricing

Again it is hard to give "rates" on something that has so many variables. I use a lot of TrimTex, and there is a learning curve to some of their products. Most of it goes on just about as easy as metal corner bead, some takes a little longer, and some really takes a while.

And it also depends on how fancy you get. I did this with TrimTex bullnose, took over 2 hours to cut, fit, and glue on all the corners and pieces all the way around. With metal I would have been done in about 20 or 30 minutes, but wouldn't have had much to look at. It was a learning experiance for sure, but nothing compared to finishing the drywall. a lot of sanding in small and awkward positions and areas.

It is one of those things you will have to take educated guesses on the first few times, as you gain experiance, you will learn how long it will take for a particular project, plus know the material costs. It goes back to what you need to make per hour, plus materials, O&P, etc.
Attached Images

Advertisement