Graco RTX900 - Drywall - Contractor Talk

Graco RTX900

Old 08-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
Pro

Trade: Residential Remodeling
Rewards Points: 254

Graco RTX900

I just bought a used Graco RTX 900 from a guy that used to work for me. We tried spraying sand texture 12 yesterday and couldn't get the adjustments fine enough to spray it correctly. Any of you that use one of these ever tried this? For the price, it seems you should have the capability. I cleaned the gun completely after it failed the first time. Does this machine have the air pressure to do this successfully or it is only capable of splatter or orange peel?

I ended up going back to the tried and true hopper/air compressor, but was pretty disappointed that I couldn't get the Graco to function properly.

mark

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #2

Trade: Taper
Rewards Points: 10

Re: Graco RTX900

I have a Graco RTX 1400 but I've never tried to spray sand texture. I've sprayed many other types of ceilings textures, but really doesn't much pressure in the machine, if the stuff is real thick, and you got the extra long hose going up the stairs or something, it doesn't flow properly.

Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
Drywall & Painting Pro

Trade: Licensed Florida Drywall and Painting Contractor
Rewards Points: 23,371

Re: Graco RTX900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milhaus View Post
I just bought a used Graco RTX 900 from a guy that used to work for me. We tried spraying sand texture 12 yesterday and couldn't get the adjustments fine enough to spray it correctly. Any of you that use one of these ever tried this? For the price, it seems you should have the capability. I cleaned the gun completely after it failed the first time. Does this machine have the air pressure to do this successfully or it is only capable of splatter or orange peel?

I ended up going back to the tried and true hopper/air compressor, but was pretty disappointed that I couldn't get the Graco to function properly.

mark
I don't own a 900. But, I have a 1000 which Graco doesn't make anymore. The 900 is the new version of the 1000.
My suggestion would be check the material dial on the machine and also the one on the gun. You might need to loosen up the material a little more too.

TextureMaster.com
Checkout my YouTube Channel with 31,000 Subscribers and over 6,500,000 Views
https://www.youtube.com/paulpeck

Twitter Facebook Google+ Instagram