Stained Stucco - Masonry - Contractor Talk

Stained Stucco

Old 12-18-2005, 02:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Stained Stucco

Long time listener, first time caller... Final clean up on a job and we aretrying to remove some difficult stains on the stucco (clay dirt splased up after rainand general roofing residue from newly cut composite slate tile) Tried pressure washer and did almost nothing! Also tried some elbow grease with some with stucco/siding cleanser from Home Depot...still nothing. Any suggestions..... Thanks.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 12-18-2005, 05:31 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: manager of excavation division
Rewards Points: 2,000

Re: Stained Stucco

Dpak,
Don't know but wondering what a little bleach would do? Or maybe some muriatic acid.
Joe

Advertisement

Last edited by jmic; 12-18-2005 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:21 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpack
Long time listener, first time caller... Final clean up on a job and we aretrying to remove some difficult stains on the stucco (clay dirt splased up after rainand general roofing residue from newly cut composite slate tile) Tried pressure washer and did almost nothing! Also tried some elbow grease with some with stucco/siding cleanser from Home Depot...still nothing. Any suggestions..... Thanks.

If it is clay ....IT AINT COMING OFF....sorry to tell you that , but here in TENN thats all we have and once it gets on masonry its there for life.....not even muriatic acid will bring it off. I have seen some take a pressure washer and " blow" the face of the wall off but that is the only thing I have ever seen work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2005, 01:00 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

I here that! I'll try the bleach idea, not the muratic (attacks the lime and not the stain) Someome recommended applying a thin layer of the same color stucco over the stain. Mix the stucco that same thickness as cream and apply it with a trowel or brush. Will this crack later or worse peel off?
Thanks for the takes.