Sculpture Brick - Masonry - Contractor Talk

Sculpture Brick

Old 12-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #1

Trade: Preservation
Rewards Points: 10

Sculpture Brick

Have any of you guys ever seen this? What do you think?

Sculpture Brick

I met the guy who invented the stuff/technique in NC several years ago and recently got curious about it again. The site is sculpturebrick(dot)com

Let me know your opinion. I am new to the forum, this is my first post, but part of reason I joined was I was thinking of getting into this stuff and wanted some professional opinions.

Thanks.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 12-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
Nouveau Eccentric

Trade: masonry/hardscaping
Rewards Points: 2,896

Re: Sculpture Brick

Something similar.

What kind of preservation, do you do?

Where you from?

How about an introduction?

D.

Advertisement

fb
Old 12-28-2010, 03:46 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: Monkey Scratching Cat Herder
Rewards Points: 1,456

He may have invented a formulation, but the technique is at least as old as the pyramids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2010, 07:06 PM   #4

Trade: Stone,brick,block,concrete,decorative concrete..
Rewards Points: 79

Hi, we met the owner here in our area, like a month ago, he was helping the mason contractor start a fairly big project with his product, very nice guy and he has the whole thing patented and going, we got to play with the stuff and my guys got it really quick, it was a brick veneer imitation, not hard to do, the key is to learn the little details and tricks; the end result is pretty good, looks like real brick; the stone imitation takes a little more to do and it does not look as good as the real thing or cultured one.
We are brick masons, and we prefer to do brick and stone than this product, some say the material cost is cheaper and the labor cost too, we were there for 6 hours and we got done less than what we could do with real brick, but he said it was because it was too cold; we do work for a builder that says he'll start selling this product from now on and he thinks he can find a niche for it, maybe to cover exposed foundations or big commercial areas, we'll see.
Good Luck!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #5

Trade: Preservation
Rewards Points: 10

Thanks CR2, appreciate the input. The stuff looks pretty neat, but I am a little afraid of stuff that is too gimicky and therefore, a overly hard sell.

Sorry D, My name is Jessie Brantley, I am currently in the property preservation/trashout business. I am located in Lexington, KY. You're right, I probably should have introduced myself.

Thanks for the input.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:33 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: Masonry
Rewards Points: 5,494

Yeah, they have had New England Brickmasters here for years and years. It is not for everyone. I think of it for say, a Midas Muffler or maybe a Subway or something. It is not for people that like the looks of real masonry. My two cents....

Advertisement

Tags
brick , masonry , sculpture