Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

grout job - essential craftsman

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Ed Hartmann 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Couldn't agree with you more. On top of that,he used that grout pump for placing the concrete footing and called it a concrete pump. He talked about a "special" mix needed with the pump,extra sand and small aggregate. Bottom line,he "irrigated" the forms and claimed it was a 4 " slump. The footing mix was as soupy as the grout pour.:laughing: I'm beginning to view him more as a salesman than a tradesman. He has got more than a handful of loose ends. But he sure has a smooth delivery,just like a used car salesman.:laughing: Most of all his viewers fawn all over him,that is rather telling about their expertise.

#5 ·
I like his show, I send him 5 bucks a month. I watch all of his blacksmithing videos, even did a cool one on Processing a cow. The spec - not really.

You guys gotta be more realistic and keep in mind he is selling audience views. He is doing a hell of a lot better job than a diyer and you have to keep in mind his clientele. They're not wealthy people primarily, he has to make efficient projects and they're not looking for perfect on a lot of things.

Hes not trying to get pro carpenters and builders to watch him, hes trying to retire on people who like watching HGTV watch somebody who's a hell of a lot better than the people on HGTV

Take his mom's handicap ramp for instance, no way I would have built it that way, but it worked well and he'd finished it quickly. It will last a long time and was economical.

Watch Matt Risinger if you want somebody to watch a pro talking to pros. I don't like a lot of his stuff either come a but he is very knowledgeable. I believe so is EC, just in a different way in a different clientele and market.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#8 ·
What I liked about that video more than the work was the message about sometimes not trying to overthink the work, to work smarter, but to just put your head down and develop a system to make the work easier while your doing it.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

#11 ·
I honestly fantasize about having that type of operation sometimes. Just me and a truck and a part time helper or a buddy who is a contractor to help. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: fjn
#16 ·
He has a lot of good info about developing the kind of skill that only comes with years of experience. Talking about continually looking for ways to produce more work through improving the approach. I think he is venturing a little ways out of his comfort zone with the house he is building. He is still a good representative of the trades to anyone getting started looking to learn what it takes to improve in the industry. He also seems to be watched by an awful lot of pros.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.