Flashing Question - Masonry - Contractor Talk

Flashing Question

Old 11-19-2019, 06:43 AM   #1

Trade: Masonry
Rewards Points: 18

Flashing Question

I have a question about a flashing that goes on the side of a brick veneer wall, since I can't seem to find any info on it anywhere.

I've attached a pic of what the prints say; anyone seen these, or know what another name for them is so I can buy some??
Attached Thumbnails
Flashing Question-thumbnail_image.png  

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 11-19-2019, 05:30 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: mason
Rewards Points: 11,202

Re: Flashing Question

I'll try to 'guess' what is meant regarding flashing. When I think of sprung mental flashing,I think of a reglet cut in masonry with a metal folded a tad more than 45 degrees pushed into that kerf. Better check with architect to be positive.

Advertisement

Old 11-19-2019, 05:33 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: Masonry
Rewards Points: 9,839

Re: Flashing Question

The Cavity Behind the tin needs vents to let out vapour, and weeps/ vent intakes to let liquid water leave the rainscreen.........which is WHERE?

Where is the "RED line" for the rain screen?

Wood studs or sheet metal studs, jamb?

I'd want a PT 2x X board to fill 95% of the cavity @ jambs and ends, but I didn't Low ball this building either. It cuts down on vermin doorways....and wall whistles.

CMUs need to be mostly DRY to survive repeated freezing/ thaw cycles, no puddles or sprinkler systems wetting them down constantly...

Add the elevation view of the jamb please/ opening section through Lintel/header ....down to grade, include horizontal flashing/dampproof flashing

You will need a MASTER tin-bender to make that front wrap look good everywhere and a diamond grinder:What happen when window or CMUs aren't perfectly plumb in all FOUR points NEEDED for this detail to be unwrinkled.....

.make the piece 2-4" over width rip it, and install with a lap fasten to the cavity filler board.

Last edited by Fouthgeneration; 11-19-2019 at 05:45 PM.