Elm Wood - Contractor Swap - Contractor Talk

Elm Wood

Old 03-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Carpenter
Rewards Points: 530

Elm Wood

I am going to sell some elm wood I acquired last fall guys. If anyone is close enough and is interested in it please let me know. Most of it is 8' 6" long and is air drying in my garage since it was cut. Widths range from 6" to 14" and it is all cut full 5/4 rough. There was only one screw in the two logs i got out of the tree. I know it is free of metal.

I have it stacked with 1/2" Kiln dried pine stickers for air flow and I put 2 slags on top of it to keep the boards from warping. These slabs are from the heart of the tree. They are 4 to 5" Thick and I was hoping to sell them as mantles or beams. That won't happen now.

The tree was cut last fall and has been in my garage ever since. I can put a fan on it to speed up the drying but I felt a nice gentle drying would make the wood more stable.

I would prefer if any that may be interested could come by and look but I could try to send you guys pics of the wood if you want. I feel it is all either number one or select but thats up to you guys to judge. I would prefer to have it picked up if possible. Though I would deliver for a separate fee.

If you are interested please post here.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement