1999 Ford F350 SuperDuty XLT 4x4 7.3T Powerstroke, 6spd - Contractor Swap - Contractor Talk

1999 Ford F350 SuperDuty XLT 4x4 7.3T Powerstroke, 6spd

Old 03-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #1

Trade: landscaping/tree care
Rewards Points: 75

1999 Ford F350 SuperDuty XLT 4x4 7.3T Powerstroke, 6spd

Great running Dually F350 Superduty 4x4 with a 7.3 powerstroke turbo diesel and 6-spd manual transmission. 8' Bradford flatbed with 2 toolboxes and fold down sides, recessed 5th wheel & rear tow hitches. Bed cost $2700 new and is in very good shape. 262k miles. 6-spd manual transmission, good clutch.

Truck exterior is rust free and dent free. Very nice looking. Interior is XLT trim with good leather but cloth seats could use covers or reupholstered. In the process of installing new windshield and just serviced the rear differential, oil change, parking brake, new hood shocks, air filter. Great truck that really runs down the road nice and looks professional. Would make a great farm or contractor truck.

Nada book is $10,150. I'll give a $350 seat allowance so asking $9800. NADA book value does not account for the bradford flatbed which I would have to assume makes the truck more valuable and certainly more useable as a work truck. IMO, this truck's real book value is likely around $12k but I'm looking for a quick sale. Need to build a shop and need some capital to do so.

scott
605-228-9350
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f350 front driver side.jpg (87.0 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by arbor pro; 03-06-2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: forgot picture

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Construction
Rewards Points: 2,394

Re: 1999 Ford F350 SuperDuty XLT 4x4 7.3T Powerstroke, 6spd

I think you will be lucky to get half that. I have been looking around for options for new trucks and you can get 2005-2007's for under $15k do a search online and you can find them even cheaper.

My dealer also said don't pay any attention to the book prices unless I use black book which valued my truck at about 10k less than they was in the other vehicle value books. Seems used vehicle prices are going down hill faster than ever.

Advertisement

Last edited by BCConstruction; 03-07-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
Box Builder

Trade: Pretty much anything with wood and some metals
Rewards Points: 9,718

You'll be lucky to get 6k for that truck. You should just keep the 7.3. It will last
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
Chief outhouse engineer

Trade: mason
Rewards Points: 786

I will give you 5K for that truck right now. The six speed and diesel are great options, but 262 on the clock is a problem.

I should know, I have three of them on the wrong side of 200k and one that is going over 300k as we speak. Great trucks, but they take some wrenching...
2. Repeat as often as needed.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #5

To Morningwood and BCConstruction:

Couldn't you have just sent me a PM with what you think the truck is actually worth rather than compromise any chance I have of selling the truck on this forum by lowballing its value? I wasn't asking for opinions on what the truck was worth. I'm advertising it for the price listed. If you're not interested at that price and not offering to buy it for a lesser amount, why interject with your opinion at all? Just because the truck may not bring that much in your area doesn't mean another market won't support my asking price. Don't be so presumptuous. The economy on the east coast is much different than the economy in the midwest - especially the upper midwest. I just bought a stump grinder in NC for half the price it would have cost me here. Location matters guys.

For Dakzaag and any others: If you want to make a reasonable offer, call me at 605-228-9350. Otherwise, I doubt I'll respond to any further replies on this thread. Don't see any use now. thanks guys.

Last edited by arbor pro; 03-08-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #6
Capra aegagrus

Trade: Remodeler
Rewards Points: 1,355

Scott, there's another way of looking at it. We have a community here with members who enjoy discussing the issues we all face and sharing [mostly] good information and advice. Those exchanges help us all to avoid bad decisions in many cases.

I'm making no judgement as to how reasonable your price is, but you have no right to forbid discussion of it. Perhaps if you participated here as a fellow contractor rather than just using the site as a sales tool, you would understand that a little better.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tinstaafl For This Useful Post:
CanningCustom (03-08-2012), TxElectrician (03-13-2012)
Old 03-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #7

Your point taken but then again, this is a contractor swap thread not a general forum asking 'what is my truck worth'. I just think telling someone in the upper midwest that his truck is only worth what it might bring in VA or MD is not fair. I'm not trying to sell the truck to someone 1000 miles away who's still rebounding from the depression. I'm looking for a buyer in my area where the economy is stronger and I'm assuming that a potential buyer has enough brains to think for himself and decide if the price if fair or not. Is there something flawed with that logic? If someone from PA asks the question, 'hey guys, what's this truck worth on the east coast'? then I understand why someone might jump in and assist with an opinion. That makes sense. But noone asked for an appraisal or advice on the truck. It's simply listed for sale. If you think it's overpriced, you can simply move on. Why the need to interject and hamstring a guy's sale? Comes across as sabotaging a guy's sale unless a site member has reason to warn a potential buyer about a seller.

You're right, I do advertise my used equipment on here while I don't participate in many of the discussions. I didn't know that was forbidden but, if it is, I'll stick to craigslist. Didn't see what harm I was doing in listing it here.

Last edited by arbor pro; 03-08-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #8
Chief outhouse engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbor pro View Post
You're right, I do advertise my used equipment on here while I don't participate in many of the discussions. I didn't know that was forbidden but, if it is, I'll stick to craigslist. Didn't see what harm I was doing in listing it here.

You can do what you want and I can do the same. If your location was part of your profile, I would be a lot more interested in any of your equipment. Since I like Ford and drive F250's this thread is curious to me. Not suprised you received some lowball offers and cheap opinions, doesn't sway my interest one way or another.

Keep posting.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakzaag View Post
You can do what you want and I can do the same. If your location was part of your profile, I would be a lot more interested in any of your equipment. Since I like Ford and drive F250's this thread is curious to me. Not suprised you received some lowball offers and cheap opinions, doesn't sway my interest one way or another.

Keep posting.
sorry about not having my location listed. it is now. I appreciate the offer of $5k but that's just way less than I need to get out of the truck. Pretty sure it's worth that much as just a cab and chassis without the bradford bed.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #10
Capra aegagrus

Trade: Remodeler
Rewards Points: 1,355

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbor pro View Post
You're not breaking any written rules, but the original intent of this section was for the use of participating members of this community. Those who join the forum only to use it for selling things are sidestepping the intent of the entire site.

But as I said, you're not violating the rules. Post away.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinstaafl For This Useful Post:
CanningCustom (03-08-2012)
Old 03-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #11
Pro

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 109

I usually stay outta these messes, but I just have to chime in... I'm a car nut. I've bought cars from other parts of the country n had them shipped, I've sold cars that went to other areas, I've worked with my bro in law with his used car dealer license... First off, east coast car prices are not suppressed right now! Used car sales are hot. The dealers auctions are bringing crazy prices too. So the claim that the east coast prices are low, but not your area is not accurate... I know cars and trucks, and I know you will not get close to that price in ANY state.. 13 yr old truck, first year body style, manual tranny, and close to 300k on the clock.. I wish you luck!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeinstine View Post
I usually stay outta these messes, but I just have to chime in... I'm a car nut. I've bought cars from other parts of the country n had them shipped, I've sold cars that went to other areas, I've worked with my bro in law with his used car dealer license... First off, east coast car prices are not suppressed right now! Used car sales are hot. The dealers auctions are bringing crazy prices too. So the claim that the east coast prices are low, but not your area is not accurate... I know cars and trucks, and I know you will not get close to that price in ANY state.. 13 yr old truck, first year body style, manual tranny, and close to 300k on the clock.. I wish you luck!
It's obvious this truck is not going to sell on this site. Not now anyways after you guys have warned everyone else not to pay anything close to my asking price. I'll stick to craigslist and post what I sell the truck for - just so you can vindicate yourselves and say 'we told you so'.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #13
Chief outhouse engineer

Post a link, I'm still interested. Perhaps you have not experienced the art of negotiation practiced by a tight wad like me.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakzaag View Post
Post a link, I'm still interested. Perhaps you have not experienced the art of negotiation practiced by a tight wad like me.
Sorry but, post a link to what? all the information and my phone number is listed in the first post. If you're interested, the easiest way to discuss it is to just call me. thanks.

scott
605-228-9350
Old 03-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #15
Pro

Advice is advice and it's what this forum is great for. people were telling you that the trucks not worth that. You can either sit on it and believe that it's worth double than it is and not get your money out of it or you can sell it for the going rate and use the money for something else. Perhaps vehicles do sell for more than they are worth whe you are from but what's stopping people buying elsewhere? This is why you why be lucky to get rid of it. I want $500 for my wakeboard but I know I'm not gonna get that for it but I don't need the money so I would rather keep it. If that's your plan for the truck then keep it at its current price. Also criagslist is the worst place to sell it. You think we low balled yawn price wait until it gets listed on there.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #16
Pro

Trade: excavating contractor
Rewards Points: 182

The OP didn't ask for advice on the value of his truck. I happen to live relatively close to him and buy and sell some vehicles as well. I believe he is pretty close on his asking price.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #17
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhoe1 View Post
The OP didn't ask for advice on the value of his truck. I happen to live relatively close to him and buy and sell some vehicles as well. I believe he is pretty close on his asking price.
Clearly you didn't read my post. The seller wants money for other stuff and people were helping him out by telling him that he won't get that much for that vehicle so he could then lower his price and get the money he needs. If he didn't need the money which clearly he does then keep the price high so it don't sell. No skin off any of our noses.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #18
Pro

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCConstruction View Post
Clearly you didn't read my post. The seller wants money for other stuff and people were helping him out by telling him that he won't get that much for that vehicle so he could then lower his price and get the money he needs. If he didn't need the money which clearly he does then keep the price high so it don't sell. No skin off any of our noses.
I read your post and think your out of line. Posting that the truck is worth 1/2 what he's asking? You'll have fist fights in the driveway for it at that price! And clearly your here to warn others to stay away, not lower his price. It's clear by you calling him "seller", your separating your self. Clearly he stated his name is Scott and he is in the room and your being rude.

Looking on CL I don't think his asking price is out of line. Check it out: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/se...inAsk=&maxAsk=

BTW, this is not a dealer auction.

Declaration of Independence
Old 03-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
I read your post and think your out of line. Posting that the truck is worth 1/2 what he's asking? You'll have fist fights in the driveway for it at that price! And clearly your here to warn others to stay away, not lower his price. It's clear by you calling him "seller", your separating your self. Clearly he stated his name is Scott and he is in the room and your being rude.

Looking on CL I don't think his asking price is out of line. Check it out: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/se...inAsk=&maxAsk=

BTW, this is not a dealer auction.
looking at those comparables, it's apparent my truck wouldn't be worth as much as I'm asking if it didn't have the Bradford flatbed on it. However, it does have that bed which adds value to anybody that would otherwise destroy a regular box. With a standard pickup box, I'd probably figure its market value to be around $7k.

took new pics today...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f350 front passenger side.jpg (205.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg f350 rear driver side.jpg (206.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg f350 interior2.jpg (202.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 03-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #20
Pro

Trade: Framer
Rewards Points: 2,342

If it was a Dodge, I would jump on it.

Advertisement