Just Joined Up, Read Much Before Though - New Member Introductions - Contractor Talk

Just Joined Up, Read Much Before Though

Old 12-12-2006, 08:50 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Roofing Contractor
Rewards Points: 2,062

Just Joined Up, Read Much Before Though

Hi everybody,

I've read many informative posts in the past several years, ( what took so long to sign up? ), and just wanted to introduce myself. I own an established roofing company in the Dundee-Elgin area, NW suburbs of Chicago. 8 years as a union roofer, and then the past 22 years as a contractor. I've noted some very resourceful repetitive posters on this forum, and look forward to sharing in the near future. I do exhaustive research on anything roof or safety equipment related, and have produced several consumer advisory booklets. They are always in a state of continual development. I am a local contractor with an established reputation and basically, if the job is more than 15-20 minutes away to go look at, I only will do so on a referral basis only. I've created many job related forms and change order procedures and legal general conditionswhich may be of use. Also, extensive research on hail damage forensics to inteligently dispute legitimate claims with claims adjusters. I only do this to further my research, as I am not in the habit of storm chasing, although I have learned many things from many competitors. To keep this short, Its too late.

Ed

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 12-13-2006, 11:19 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

Re: Just Joined Up, Read Much Before Though

Quote:
I only do this to further my research, as I am not in the habit of storm chasing, although I have learned many things from many competitors. To keep this short, Its too late.
Me too, Buddy, just pricing properly and do it right.

Advertisement

Old 12-13-2006, 12:58 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: Roofing Contractor
Rewards Points: 2,062

I've been involved in PRAC and other contractor advisory boards before. Anyone interested in quarterly get togethers to share ideas. From what I gather, the 2 closest roofers, Aaron and Grumpy are from Joliet and Glenview, so we would not be stepping on each others territories. When ever I get a chance to go to a roofing seminar such as Kallers old CES or CCN or Air Vent, I learn more from the other roofers discussions than the seminar itself.
Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2006, 12:19 PM   #4
Central Florida Painter

Trade: Painter
Rewards Points: 250

Welcome Ed.