Georgia Contractor - New Member Introductions - Contractor Talk

Georgia Contractor

Old 02-16-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: GC/Concrete
Rewards Points: 235

Georgia Contractor

I've been reading through the forums for a little bit, and decided it was time to introduce myself.

My name is Jim and I am a licensed contractor near Atlanta, GA. We do primarily commercial work including civil works, antennas, and telecommunications, but we also do some residential.

Our company was founded in 1991 and I have been with JP since 2002. I started off as the a general laborer and worked my way up to holding a state license for Residential and light commercial GC. I look forward to learning from other's stories and experiences.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2014, 08:01 PM   #2
GC/carpenter

Trade: Decking, Railing, Carpenter/General Contractor
Rewards Points: 710

Re: Georgia Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPConst1005
I've been reading through the forums for a little bit, and decided it was time to introduce myself. My name is Jim and I am a licensed contractor near Atlanta, GA. We do primarily commercial work including civil works, antennas, and telecommunications, but we also do some residential. Our company was founded in 1991 and I have been with JP since 2002. I started off as the a general laborer and worked my way up to holding a state license for Residential and light commercial GC. I look forward to learning from other's stories and experiences.
Welcome to ContractorTalk JP!

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #3
John the Builder

Trade: Carpenter/Builder Professional Painter
Rewards Points: 5,334

Welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #4
Pro

Thanks guys! I look forward to seeing what this site has to offer.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:10 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: Know it all
Rewards Points: 2,054

Welcome. If you don't mind, you hold the license not the company?
Old 02-16-2014, 09:19 PM   #6
Pro

In Georgia, a person with the company has to be licensed for the company to be licensed. We pay for each of our personal licenses, plus a state license for the company and a local business license.
The Following User Says Thank You to JPConst1005 For This Useful Post:
Roofcheck (02-16-2014)
Old 05-19-2016, 08:39 PM   #7
Pro

Trade: Construction and Remodeling
Rewards Points: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPConst1005 View Post
I've been reading through the forums for a little bit, and decided it was time to introduce myself.

My name is Jim and I am a licensed contractor near Atlanta, GA. We do primarily commercial work including civil works, antennas, and telecommunications, but we also do some residential.

Our company was founded in 1991 and I have been with JP since 2002. I started off as the a general laborer and worked my way up to holding a state license for Residential and light commercial GC. I look forward to learning from other's stories and experiences.
I want to get my residential basic license. I meet the experience and time requirements. I can figure out the financial stuff on my own. I need to know from a practical standpoint how to go about collecting the required signatures to get my license. I have worked on two residential projects that qualify me, but the contractors won't sign for me. What situation can I put myself in that would make the necessary party feel like signing for me to get my license?
Old 05-20-2016, 08:10 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith1281 View Post
I want to get my residential basic license. I meet the experience and time requirements. I can figure out the financial stuff on my own. I need to know from a practical standpoint how to go about collecting the required signatures to get my license. I have worked on two residential projects that qualify me, but the contractors won't sign for me. What situation can I put myself in that would make the necessary party feel like signing for me to get my license?
I had the engineers and owners sign off on my projects. Some contractors feel signing off for an employee or sub is creating their newest competition. And I can't say I blame them.

Advertisement