Do You Know Your Fire Door Safety Responsibility? - New Member Introductions - Contractor Talk

Do You Know Your Fire Door Safety Responsibility?

Old 02-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #1

Trade: Fire Door Certification
Rewards Points: 10

Do You Know Your Fire Door Safety Responsibility?

Hi All,

I hope it is OK to start a topic about fire safety and fire doors in particular. I think the BWF-CERTIFIRE scheme will be of interest to many of you here, but if there is a more appropriate place for this post let me know.

BWF-CERTIFIRE has been providing fire safety advice for over a decade and is the largest independent third-party fire door certification scheme in the UK.

A fire door spends most of its life as just a door, but with thousands of property fires each year, we need to remember it is also a crucial safety device. There remains however a lack of understanding of fire doors and how they work, even amongst those responsible for specifying, buying, installing or inspecting them.

The BWF-CERTIFIRE Fire Door and Doorset Scheme aims to increase the standards of fire doors and to educate the construction industry and its clients about the importance of third party certification of fire doors.

What are your thoughts on fire door safety? Do you have any questions about the scheme?

Thanks,

Stefan
The Following User Says Thank You to BWF-CERTIFIRE For This Useful Post:
Comario (02-08-2010)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: carpentry/drywall/plaster
Rewards Points: 250

Re: Do You Know Your Fire Door Safety Responsibility?

where are u located ? no one has ever requested Fire Door certification from our company, but I am curious how it would be useful to us, and how it would increase my bottom line.

Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 07:07 AM   #3

Trade: Fire Door Certification
Rewards Points: 10

Hi d-rock

I see you are in NYC. Unfortunately we are in the UK, so can not be of help in this instance. It would though be very interesting to hear what, if any, equivalent schemes exist in the US.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
House Painting Denver

Trade: Painting, Painter, Painting Contractor
Rewards Points: 150

Is this an personal intro or a question?... post something here about your company and leave your questions for their specific forum categories.

Welcome to CT!