Belated Hello - New Member Introductions - Contractor Talk

Belated Hello

Old 08-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #1

Trade: plasterer
Rewards Points: 10

Belated Hello

Hello folks

I came across this site quite by chance and was very impressed by the amount of technical info passed around and the eagerness to help fellow tradesmen.

I am from the Isle of Man, a tiny island in the middle of the Irish sea (about 80 thousand residents). We come under the British isles but are not strictly part of the UK, we have our own government and currency.

I am a plasterer by trade but set up my own building company in 2007 and undertake general building tasks as well as small extensions and refurbishment work.

I am pleased to be a member of this forum and hope that I can give useful input when possible.

Regards Steve

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 08-17-2011, 01:12 AM   #2
Pro

Trade: Wood n' concrete finishes
Rewards Points: 150

Re: Belated Hello

The Isle of Man? I'm a little jealous, of your weather. And your access to decent tea.

I haven't been here long enough to welcome you, but welcome anyway. If you ever feel like moving out to the Northern most point of the Carribean (New Orleans) all the old-timer cajun plasterers are retiring, and there is no one (that I know) lining up to take their place. Most younger contractors down here say: Eh, just demo and drywall. Erg.

Glad you are here!

Advertisement