Side Door On Van?? - Vehicles - Contractor Talk

Side Door On Van??

Old 05-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
WICKED WOODCHUCKER

Trade: Finish carpentry, drywall, Tile
Rewards Points: 500

Side Door On Van??

My main work vehicle is a cargo van. I have always preferred to work out of these. Today I noticed another work van at a jobsite I was at. He opened up his side door and the shelves were facing out toward him. he didnt even have to get in the van. Thought it was a good idea. his van was setup so good. I was jelous. mine just has shelves on each side. nothing custom, just basic. it does the job but his setup seemed so much better and more organized.

Im thinking now about redoing my shelving system. wondering if the shelves facing out was a good idea or not. anyone set theres up like this before? do you have a good setup for your van? any info would be great.
got a few days off this week so I'm thinking about starting tomarrow.

if there are any good older threads on van setups let me know also. i searched but couldnt find much
thanks

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 05-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #2
The Flooring Guy

Trade: Flooring
Rewards Points: 250

Re: Side Door On Van??

Use Google Images, it's a great way to view literally thousands of shevling set-ups for work vans... I did a pre-search for you below.

http://www.google.com/images?q=van+s...ed=0CDIQsAQwAw

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to cork-guy For This Useful Post:
mnjconstruction (05-04-2010)
Old 05-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
Contractor

Trade: Remodeling & Home Additions
Rewards Points: 1,186

Re: Side Door On Van??

I took pictures, but they're such a pain to upload from a camera...in my van I have a lower tool chest mounted to the floor turned sideways (faces rear mounted behind the passenger seat and the gorilla type ladder strapped to the shelves on the left. The tool chest is awesome-6 drawers which makes storing most tools very easy.

putting shelves across the sliding door is an option that only you can weigh. You may also consider if you are making the best use of your existing shelf space.